Puppy Advice

Currently reading:
Puppy Advice

Hang on, you mean to say that you've been taking him out for walks etc? At 7/8 weeks?

I really hope he don't pick up summat, as he won't had his full course of jabs yet. If he gets Parvo (for example), you will have one very sick dog who could quite easily die and you'll get a massive bill in the process (quarantine costs etc.).

And he should not be eating meat at this age either (this is what I consider 'wet food' from a manufacturer to be).

Last edited:
Hang on, you mean to say that you've been taking him out for walks etc? At 7/8 weeks?

I really hope he don't pick up summat, as he won't had his full course of jabs yet. If he gets Parvo (for example), you will have one very sick dog who could quite easily die and you'll get a massive bill in the process (quarantine costs etc.).

And he should not be eating meat at this age either (this is what I consider 'wet food' from a manufacturer to be).

no i've not been taking him out for walks, course i haven't :confused:

and he's eating dry food

i've left my phone up scotland and my sister has the family camera in malia :( ill try sort something out lol.

i missed a great one with him on his back smaling in his doggy bed lol

he's getting his injections today aswell as a chip

it's only £35 for both, i registered him with the vet and asked about them and they said he's ok to get them done at his age.

When our JR's were small I let them bite, it didn't hurt I just played back. Like rolling them over and tickling them, they'd be getting rough and tumble if they were still in their litter. Neither of them bite now, I think it was just a puppy thing, not agression and no need to be punished.

He's very cute, I hope he gets well soon. Jacks are super tough little dogs, I'm sure he'll be fine. :)

heres a couple, took on an old SE phone

DSC000056.JPG

DSC0001021.JPG

right, hes had the injections, needs another in 2 weeks, also had a worm tablet and been chipped. he's been sick twice now and the 2nd didn't look very health, like noodles at first, worms?

eep

noodles are most likely worms:yuck::yuck::yuck:

most puppies get them so dont worry too much.

Probably worth you worming yourself too alex if he has been licking you and you haven't been mega careful with hygiene (by that i mean letting him lick your hand then eating something)

something like OVEX available from most chemists (y)

Probably worth you worming yourself too alex if he has been licking you and you haven't been mega careful with hygiene (by that i mean letting him lick your hand then eating something)

something like OVEX available from most chemists (y)

i'm obsessive lol, i don't let him lick my face and i wash my hands before eating, still might try it lol, even the though of worms in myself is making me ill

how can you train a dog to not crap in the garden? Simba poos in back garden (not on the grass or path, just on the soil).

When i looked after my mums dog, he'd only poo once he'd got so far away from the house on a walk.

Hey

Anything you want to know just ask ... I've got 10 years experience with JRT's my 3 year old is succeeding as an agility dog (was competing today and came away with a 1st and 3rd!).

I know the tricks of their trade and trust me they have them... they are terriers! Ideally you need to be experienced with "normal" dogs before having a terrier!!!!! X(y)

Hey

Anything you want to know just ask ... I've got 10 years experience with JRT's my 3 year old is succeeding as an agility dog (was competing today and came away with a 1st and 3rd!).

I know the tricks of their trade and trust me they have them... they are terriers! Ideally you need to be experienced with "normal" dogs before having a terrier!!!!! X(y)

ooh great cheers, how did you house train yours? :) oh and how do i stop him play-biting, it's getting annoying and he's getting stronger

Back