Technical Tyres

Currently reading:
Technical Tyres

Geordie Robbo

If I’m looking at new Goodyear Vector 4 seasons for my Panda 4x4, should I go for Gen2 or Gen3 ?
The Gen3’s are only a fiver more expensive each.

Our local, independent, tyre place says that quite often, ‘generational’ and ‘updated’ tyres are often produced alongside and/or on ‘run out’. This is certainly true of the vredestien all season (3 types) and the Goodyear Ultragrip (2 types) still in production alongside each other.
The age, or ‘production batch’ numbers are moulded into the tyres, so checking shouldn’t be a problem!

According to Tyre review website they state that Gen 3 is 5% better than gen 2 in terms of handling in snow.

Thanks for the responses. Very useful to a new Panda fan like me.
Though to be used all year round, this is predominantly my ‘winter’ car as I’ve had my MX5 (Mark 3 2007 model) now for 13 years and use it when the sun is shining 😎

Thanks for the responses. Very useful to a new Panda fan like me.
Though to be used all year round, this is predominantly my ‘winter’ car as I’ve had my MX5 (Mark 3 2007 model) now for 13 years and use it when the sun is shining 😎
In that case, why not get more dedicated M+S tyres…all season tyres are good for pottering around generally and, more recently snow has either been thin on the ground or lasted a day or so at most, but the softer winter/M+S are more forgiving.
Ideally two sets of rims with appropriate tyres are the way to go, but not everyone has the funds, space or time to be faffing

Back