Technical Panda 4x4 Wheels & Tyres

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 4x4 Wheels & Tyres

Rondine

I have just got my 10.th Fiat, a 5 month old Panda 4x4 Wild '23. I was surprised that the car had Continental summer tyres (175/65 R 15).
I want to fit alternative wheels with all season or winter tyres as I live in Scotland. I have Fiat 14 inch steel wheels with 175/65 winter tyres,
but reckon these will have too small a diameter.
I also have unused Fiat 14 inch alloys and wonder if these can be used, but using which tyre size ?
I am hesitating buying 15 inch wheels now as I will eventually fit all season tyres to the wheels which are on the car.
( I have too many wheels with winter tyres from past cars which I didn't have time to sell. Dealers are not giving anything for these during trade in
as opposed to the practice in countries requiring winter tyres.}

I am very pleased with my car which has a good infotainment system, but can't understand why Fiat fitted summer tyres and dropped the fog lights.
I am considering fitting some FF100 Hella elliptical fog lights. Does anyone have experience with fitting fog lights ?
I was looking at 4x4 Cross cars, but they were a bit costly. Would have liked the hill descend system on the Cross.
I had a panda 4x4 with a 'fire ' engine in 1990. Pity I didn't hold on to this as I believe there are only about a dozen of these left in the UK.

Good to have just joined the forum.

Just back from a house viewing with daughter 2. Boy is it wet out there. Roads awash and flooded in three places in the five mile trip. If the council did any maintenance it wouldnt be. They spend 30K just outside the village about 5 years ago installing drains to prevent one particular road flooding. There has been zero subsequent mintenance so the road is 4" deep in silt, the four drains are brim full with silt and the road is 9" deep. This flood just after the one that requires the drainage grip clearing to alow the water to run off into the river its crossing. This was once routine maintenance but some bozo has stopped the work. The next issue this country is facing is that many road signs were mounted on steel posts and its very clear here that 90% of these posts are on the verge of collapse as they have rusted through. I dont suppose there is any thought about this as a job let alone budget provision. Its not as if the signs are the nice cast iron ones that were worth collecting all of which were needlesly thrown away 40 years ago. Thats progress. They have at least replaced the two speed limit signs that have fallen down this year with galvanized posts.

And another thing... Does it **** you all off as it does me that they install all this signage, half of which at least we could do without and then expect you to become a clairvoyant driver able to see it burried in hedges and trees all covered in muck which is no longer cleaned when needed even while climate change makes it more necessary. I dare say if I cut some of these things out of the bushes so they could be seen I would be prosecuted for criminal damage.

We hear so much crap about consultation and community involvement these days, but no effort whatsoever is made to involve the community in dealing with some of these taks that an army of grupmy old men might even find fun. OOh I suppose its ELF AND SAFETY!

Last edited:
Just back from a house viewing with daughter 2. Boy is it wet out there. Roads awsh and flooded in three places in the five mile trip. If the council did any manitenance it wouldnt be. They spend 30K just outside the village about 5 years ago installing drains to prevent one particular road flooding. There has been zero subsequent mintenance so the road is 4" deep in silt, the four drains are brim full with silt and the road is 9" deep. This flood just after the one that requires the drainage grip cleaqring to alow the water to run off into the river its crossing. This was once routine maintenance but some bozo has stopped the work. The next issue this country is facing is that many road signs were mounted on steel posts and its very clear here that 90% of these posts are on the verge of collapse as they have rusted through. I dont suppose there is any thought about this as a job let alone budget provision. Its not as if the signs are the nice cast iron ones that were worth collecting all of which were needlesly thrown away 40 years ago. That progress. They have at least replaced the two speed limit signs that have fallen down this year with galvanized posts.

And anothr thing... Does it **** you all off as it does me that they install all this signage, half of which at least we could do without and then expect you to become a clairvoyant driver able to see then burried in hedges and trees all covered in muck which is no longer cleaned when needed even while climate change makes it more necessary. I dare say if I cut some of these things out of the bushes so they could be seen I would be prosecuted for criminal damage.

We hear so much crap about consultation and community involvement these days, but no effort whatsoever is made to involve the community in dealing with some of these taks that an army of grupmy old men might even find fun. OOh I suppose its ELF AND SAFETY!
Fix My Street app. generally gets a good response to issues with road maintenance when one uses it.

Our community does a good deal of work to supplement the County Council Highways' work - which is now constrained due to serious budget cuts, and it's getting worse. Our community has excellent communication with OCC Highways because we take the initiative to do so.

Nobody will prosecute you for cutting back foliage to ensure visibility of road signage.

What do the spacers do @boozyjay, move the wheels out a touch?
Yes, mine are moved out 15mm all round on my Cross and 15mm rear, 10mm front on my Lounge TA. They really finish off the look and give the Cross a really good stance. If you are thinking of putting spacers on yours, I only recommend the genuine Prometeo ones - there's a few posts somewhere on the forum about them. Email Adriano there and you can pay via PayPal. He's really helpful and their products are really good quality.

Not cheap but super quality and black wheel bolts

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yes, mine are moved out 15mm all round on my Cross and 15mm rear, 10mm front on my Lounge TA. They really finish off the look and give the Cross a really good stance. If you are thinking of putting spacers on yours, I only recommend the genuine Prometeo ones - there's a few posts somewhere on the forum about them. Email Adriano there and you can pay via PayPal. He's really helpful and their products are really good quality.

The Cross looks really nice BTW, as does the Panda, I like the colour of the Cross.

The Cross looks really nice BTW, as does the Panda, I like the colour of the Cross.
Colosseo grey metallic. It's a run out model with the touch screen. As soon as I collected it from the dealer I had a PPF and ceramic coat put on it. I have no intention of ever selling it (or my red Lounge TA) especially with what I'm hearing about the new forthcoming panda (or Pandina if the reports are true). Apparently it's going to be based on the Citroen EC-3, electric in most markets and tragically moving up in size from A segment to B segment. It's a real shame. I think the Panda as we know it will be the last proper Fiat and the new one will just be some Stellantis mash-up. I really hope I'm wrong...

Just a bit more tarting today: painted A bar fixings black, torqued up, wheel centres, fancy dust caps and 4x4 squircle graphics applied.
We all know what's coming; you won't be able to buy a combustion vehicle in 10 years time of any make. Some of us will make it a mission to keep the 319 alive for at least our lifetime! I have three cocktail dresses (500s) that I car butler service. They're all ladies cars. They've all seen the Panda and realise what their 500s should be. You can buy good 319s as cheap as chips; I'll be sourcing and maintaining my share!

Attachments

• 20231209_153612.jpg
    20231209_153612.jpg
    14.3 MB · Views: 22
If people are pushing wheels out beyond the arches (at the rear edge of the tyre) has anyone fitted mud flaps/spats - ours gets awfully muddy already without extra crap from the tyres!

If people are pushing wheels out beyond the arches (at the rear edge of the tyre) has anyone fitted mud flaps/spats - ours gets awfully muddy already without extra crap from the tyres!
The 4x4/Cross also have marginally wider rear bumpers too which helps.

My 4x4 looks better when muddy anyway :)

Just back from a house viewing with daughter 2. Boy is it wet out there. Roads awsh and flooded in three places in the five mile trip. If the council did any manitenance it wouldnt be. They spend 30K just outside the village about 5 years ago installing drains to prevent one particular road flooding. There has been zero subsequent mintenance so the road is 4" deep in silt, the four drains are brim full with silt and the road is 9" deep. This flood just after the one that requires the drainage grip cleaqring to alow the water to run off into the river its crossing. This was once routine maintenance but some bozo has stopped the work. The next issue this country is facing is that many road signs were mounted on steel posts and its very clear here that 90% of these posts are on the verge of collapse as they have rusted through. I dont suppose there is any thought about this as a job let alone budget provision. Its not as if the signs are the nice cast iron ones that were worth collecting all of which were needlesly thrown away 40 years ago. That progress. They have at least replaced the two speed limit signs that have fallen down this year with galvanized posts.

And anothr thing... Does it **** you all off as it does me that they install all this signage, half of which at least we could do without and then expect you to become a clairvoyant driver able to see then burried in hedges and trees all covered in muck which is no longer cleaned when needed even while climate change makes it more necessary. I dare say if I cut some of these things out of the bushes so they could be seen I would be prosecuted for criminal damage.

Don’t be blaming health and safety, I’m a Chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, retired, ‘we’ get blamed for stopping all sorts of jobs but it usually insurance, lazy managers or even lazier big bosses that can ‘use’ H&S to not do anything. You should see the stuff I’ve worked on from festivals to working on live 33KV lines, the former of which the biggest hazard is Joe Public and the latter is as simple as working with non conductive tools

Fix My Street app. generally gets a good response to issues with road maintenance when one uses it.

Our community does a good deal of work to supplement the County Council Highways' work - which is now constrained due to serious budget cuts, and it's getting worse. Our community has excellent communication with OCC Highways because we take the initiative to do so.

Nobody will prosecute you for cutting back foliage to ensure visibility of road signage.
Our lane had a land slip so I filled in the "fix my street" app. Two weeks later it had updated to "issue now resolved" only it hadn't. Took another two years before the works even started. Nearly 30 months of an extra 7 miles to get to the shops.

Our lane had a land slip so I filled in the "fix my street" app. Two weeks later it had updated to "issue now resolved" only it hadn't. Took another two years before the works even started. Nearly 30 months of an extra 7 miles to get to the shops.
That sounds rather more significant works to me - we were talking about a blocked drain/drains. It's good, but it's not magic!

Don’t be blaming health and safety, I’m a Chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, retired, ‘we’ get blamed for stopping all sorts of jobs but it usually insurance, lazy managers or even lazier big bosses that can ‘use’ H&S to not do anything. You should see the stuff I’ve worked on from festivals to working on live 33KV lines, the former of which the biggest hazard is Joe Public and the latter is as simple as working with non conductive tools
Well if it's not you lot, then it must be HR then :ROFLMAO:

Oh deers... and your still supporting them... oh deery deers. What suprises me here is your still alive. Most of them... are dead or wooonded. Its a small world i was one of those too. I told it to them quite in similar words and became "retired" when they took exception. I said that managers who never set foot in Scotland ought to a shut up spouting about supposed deficiencies they couldnt have actually seen and that if a few, well most of them became sacked the world would be no worse for it. I became one of them then and no longer one of those. So now I blame the Elfs and safeties or everything from communism to inflation. Ok no slight intended. I used to strare at em and say elf n safety isa management consideration equal to all others, when did you last devote time specifically to it?? Eh.
Lead balloons....

Back