So you're being tailgated.....

Currently reading:
So you're being tailgated.....

I used to love my 406, when being tailgated when I was doing the limit or faster I just used to just put it into 5th and floor it. Old turbo diesel + 5th gear + being floored = clouds of unburnt diesel coming out of the back :ROFLMAO:

If someone is right up my bum and I mean right up my bum I'll touch the brake so as to turn the brake light on to send a message but brake testing someone? That's just stupid. I can't imagine the judge taking a good view of you slamming your brakes on needlessly. Sometimes I'll lift off the accelerator. At the end of the day it's my car, my bit of road and I'm going to manage it how I want. If someone wants to drive up my arse then it's my right to pull the speed down to the point where it'll be a fender bender and not something where I'm going to be hurt.

I had an incident once where a guy was tailgating me down a narrow country lane which is honestly only just wide enough for 2 cars and he ended up overtaking me and running across a stop side, at which time I flashed my high beams at him and he got out. First gear engaged and overtook him, called 999 on the phone and gave them all his info plus a description. He ended up tailgating me for a while more so I pulled onto the high street as it was a Friday night and there were usually Police there and bingo there were..... guess who turned up about 2 minutes later. Police jump in the car, lights and sirens, he gets pulled out of the car and shouted at and then shouted at some more for doing that with a young kid in the car as well.

At the end of the day I'm responsible for my own safety and you might think it's harmless to let someone tailgate you but I feel differently about it.

You've got to me a complete and utter moron to tailgate on a road like this -> http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&l...=wTPgEdGk7DsvarLFCz-h9g&cbp=12,348.4,,0,20.79 and if you do don't be surprised if you get treated like a moron.

I used to use the foglight thing when I passed, but found it didn't work and probably made matters worse. Now I just flick my mirror down. I'll keep an eye on them in my side mirrors to make sure I'm ready when they make a move or a motorbike, but to take the view off their ugly mug is quite welcoming.

I had someone tailgate me on the motorway, he had the roof down as it was summer. I had to clean my windscreen and as I was doing so, I glanced in my mirror to check how far behind he was. He had backed off and looked a bit angry. As he overtook me further up he clearly wasn't happy with me. It turned out that I'd soaked him! Total accident but I had to laugh! :D

I used to use the foglight thing when I passed, but found it didn't work and probably made matters worse. Now I just flick my mirror down. I'll keep an eye on them in my side mirrors to make sure I'm ready when they make a move or a motorbike, but to take the view off their ugly mug is quite welcoming.

I had someone tailgate me on the motorway, he had the roof down as it was summer. I had to clean my windscreen and as I was doing so, I glanced in my mirror to check how far behind he was. He had backed off and looked a bit angry. As he overtook me further up he clearly wasn't happy with me. It turned out that I'd soaked him! Total accident but I had to laugh! :D
I've done that too. Not an accident though :ROFLMAO: If you're close enough to get soaked you're too close.....

Back