Smiling so far

Currently reading:
Smiling so far

Daffos exhaust has arrived. Now I hope its right...
The quality looks OK no poor welds and buildand finish as good as expected. at £80 Im happy as long as ot firs. The cost of the cheapest system available in Norwich is £320 fitted and I dont suppose that would be any better. This has a two year guarantee and that will see us through until we sell this one on. Complete with fittings. Well one is missing but I can live with that.

Attachments

• 20230510_090942.jpg
    20230510_090942.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
Well footnote to this and another post about are all the exhausts the same.
No they are not. 69HP engine has a larger bore catalyst / front pipe. The exhaust supplied had 48mm clamps and the one needed for the 2011 69Hp engine is 54mm, so this does not fit the 319 and 69hp 169.

Fortunately I found a very nice chap locally who increased the flare to fit my front pipe. The pipe obligingly split, but he welded it and ground it back so its all on and working. I shal have to try it and see if it makes any material difference to the performance. So far it seems fine. The back box and the back end of the centre pipe are identical to what was removed. As my flexi was begining to detach at both ends changing an otherwise sound centre pipe was not so painful. Cost of alterations was £20 for the guys trouble. at £100 all in Im pretty pleased as the cheapest quote I culd get one fitted was £285.
The best part of all this was that from finding I had the wrong bore, to having it sorted fitting and working was no more than 2 hors everything that could go right did for once. I had to drop a damaged wheel from our other 1.2 in for straightening and refurbishment tomorrow so killed two birds with one stone and took two wheels in at the same time. RESULT!

so killed two birds with one stone and took two wheels in at the same time. RESULT!
This made me smile with my warped sense of humor. There aren't many cars named after animals / wildlife (Panda) and thought Fiat Bird model. Not something to be killed with a spanner.

Back