• Neofolis

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Normski

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
KoArAnG said:
lol.... no it's not that.
To be honest, I feel kinda bad when i do win as I've won 3 out of the 4 that I have entered. I'm not used to this winning stuff, as i've never won a single thing in my life before doing this challenge stuff. I love doin it as I have always enjoyed artistic stuff, I just don't wanna make it go stale if you know what i mean.. I want other people to enjoy it too..

I can appreciate the point of view to some extent, but you would also be denying the rest of the enjoyment of your work and the possible inspiration it may bring. I doubt many if anyone would have a problem even if you won every time you entered, it would give us something to aspire to, especially as you would only be able to enter every other challenge, there would still be plenty of room for other winners. Let's face it, the only way I'm going to win is if very few people enter and those that do don't do very good work, but I still do it for the enjoyment and hopefully to improve to the point where I might win against good competition.

Neofolis said:
I can appreciate the point of view to some extent, but you would also be denying the rest of the enjoyment of your work and the possible inspiration it may bring. I doubt many if anyone would have a problem even if you won every time you entered, it would give us something to aspire to, especially as you would only be able to enter every other challenge, there would still be plenty of room for other winners. Let's face it, the only way I'm going to win is if very few people enter and those that do don't do very good work, but I still do it for the enjoyment and hopefully to improve to the point where I might win against good competition.
Well said Neofolis (y)
I told him he has to carry on doing it because i want to see what he does too.

I posted my S40 on the other thread Jonny.. But for those who didn't see it..

Thanx for the support guys, i've been told by my woman that I have to enter now, so i'll do my best ;)

I was going to say exactly the same thing about Neo's, the work is fantastic, the final product I dislike immensely unfortunately.

I was also going to ask the question; do we vote for the best work or the one that we feel we like the most?

If the former I expect Neo's, if the latter Serin's by a mile for me.

TBH i think it's a little bit of everything. I always look at the whole image, the amount of work, how good that work is, how nice the car looks to me and would i be impressed if i walked up to that car in RL. Imagination also plays a big part for me too.

So no hard and fast rule.

This has meant I have voted for Serin since I like the look of the car and despite respecting the skill and hard work of others (especially neo which would be my second choice, no disrespect to anybody else), in this case it over rules it for me.

In Paris on the Champs Elysees they have car garages (well, by garages I mean show rooms where you get looked down on if you're not wearing a 5k suit and don't wipe your feet on entry, I went to the Renault on (of course ;)) and the Peugeot one.

Renault had the megane V6 trophy, wow is all I can say and Peugeot had about 4 concept cars, no idea what or why they were there but all looked fantastic. Not sure why I am typing this....

As far as I'm concerned everyone is going to vote for their own reasons, it's not like it's an important life or death decision. If someone voted for a vehicle just because they liked the colour, so what or even just because they like the person that they voted for. I'm not endorsing voting for those reasons, but we all have to live with our own choices and as it is not really important I just think people should vote for whoever they want to vote for.

The Negotiator said:
So no hard and fast rule.

This has meant I have voted for Serin since I like the look of the car and despite respecting the skill and hard work of others (especially neo which would be my second choice, no disrespect to anybody else), in this case it over rules it for me.

you saying i didnt put any hard work into it? or SKILL!!! :eek:

Looks like you had better get a car sorted for the next challenge Serin.

I know it's early but I for one don't mind if you get it posted up today :)
Do you have anything in mind ?

I must say, I have seen a bizarrely high number of S40's on the road today.

The missus is off work again tonight, so I probably won't be able to start until tomorrow anyway, but it would be nice to see what delights are instore.

Neofolis said:
My missus said she would have voted for mine, mind you she preferred it when it had the rainbow paintwork, so I don't think I'll rely too much on her opinion.
hehe, women eh :) they do love their colours... mind you, so do i :eek: :confused:

Back