Guns N Roses

Currently reading:
Guns N Roses

Guns N Roses what you reckon?

• Total voters
They're good, but vastly overrated... Axel Rose is a c**t and their videos are just silly (that bloody wedding one gets right up my nose!) :eek:

GnR were the best band ever to come out of the US, Axl was a prick, but he had the voice to carry it off, backed up by the undoubted talent of the rest of the band, unfortunatly the wheels started coming off when Izzy left, and as for "the Spaghetti Incident?" words fail me.........

Personally, I put GnR in a class above Metallica, who IMHO have only produced a very small amount of songs that can be called classics, FFS every song on Appetite was a classic in itself, and the 2 Illusion albums showed a depth to their music seldom seen in a metal band.

I don't really like VR, to the point that I turned down free tickets for the Belfast show, mainly because I feel that they are trying to be GnR without Axl, or Queen without Freddie and John.

Velvet revolver are nothing like gnr tho. They sound more like Scott's 1st band, stone temple pilots. They're more seattle grunge than stadium rock!

Oh and I Object strongly to the term "moshers" as it is usually used by small minded idiots who cant cope with the thought that people don't like their music and wear black. I should know I still suffer from it now, even if I'm wearing bright red!

I know we are all better than this, we wouldn't go calling asians "Paki's" so lets not use terms abusive terms at all. "Alternative" is a nicer way to put it.

Jon+Em

having played gnr for the past god know how many hours, i can officially give a (y)

along with the ac/dc dvd i been watching, live at castle donington '91 monsters of rock tour possibly :eek: :D

Steve said:
Another point, Appetite for Destruction was the rock album of the early 90s. Very few would dispute that. Nothing came close.

Sorry mate but back then you had things like

Pearl jam: versus
Soundgarden: superunknown
U2: achtung baby
Metallica: the black album with the snake on the front.
I could go on, GNR were ok but they were always a bit too comercial for me! (n)

They are the best.
Loved them, Love them, will continue to Love them.
:slayer: SLAAAAAAAAASH!!!!!

Don't mean to sound nasty, but I seriously don't think that U2 should even be mentioned in the same context as GnR, U2 are basically the backing band of an egotistical singer, without Live Aid, the fall of the Berlin Wall etc, U2 would have been just another band, how many U2 record releases coincide with Bono appearing at some press conference about a political issue?

U2 are not a great band, they're not even the best band in Ireland, not even close!

Bigjawa said:
Don't mean to sound nasty, but I seriously don't think that U2 should even be mentioned in the same context as GnR, U2 are basically the backing band of an egotistical singer, without Live Aid, the fall of the Berlin Wall etc, U2 would have been just another band, how many U2 record releases coincide with Bono appearing at some press conference about a political issue?

U2 are not a great band, they're not even the best band in Ireland, not even close!

That's your opinion though mate. Personally I love U2 simply for the fact they created their own unique style in an era when everything else sounded the same! GnR in my opinion haven't done anything that makes me go wow I remember that one, like I said they're a commercial rock band, music to make money! end of. Although U2 have gone that way a bit in the early days they actually had something to say & both the music & lyrics are some of the most powerful & poinient in rock history. (y) All of which is just my opinion! ;)

Ben R said:
:D Quite! a bit like a clitoris eh? :D (every c**ts got one!)
lmao
B_rotfl.gif

Back