When Is Undertaking Not Undertaking?

Currently reading:
When Is Undertaking Not Undertaking?

Will never happen unfortunately, the days of the considerate driver are long gone. Problem is it’s not just cars driving like A’holes like it used to be, too many vans and trucks without a second to live as well now
As a trucker, you're also hampered by the speed limiter. I see so many instances where some car driver, bimbles along at 50-55mph, oblivious to the pain he is causing truckers. Then, as you pass, they speed up, unaware of your presence on their right ear, and leave you trapped in lane 2. Encountered this on the M4 last week. So I passed the truck, moved to lane 1, and gently slowed. This slowed the clown behind me, allowing the truck to complete their overtake. Once the truck was ahead of me, he could move in, then I moved out and continued. Trucker was very grateful. I've done this many times, such fun.

As a trucker, you're also hampered by the speed limiter. I see so many instances where some car driver, bimbles along at 50-55mph, oblivious to the pain he is causing truckers. Then, as you pass, they speed up, unaware of your presence on their right ear, and leave you trapped in lane 2. Encountered this on the M4 last week. So I passed the truck, moved to lane 1, and gently slowed. This slowed the clown behind me, allowing the truck to complete their overtake. Once the truck was ahead of me, he could move in, then I moved out and continued. Trucker was very grateful. I've done this many times, such fun.
The problem is people don’t realize they’re doing it, most of them are just clueless but it’s just another stress of the job you don’t need. It’s not so bad on a 3 lane motorway as cars can still pass but when it’s on the M11 or the A34 it’s a right pain when it takes 2 or 3 miles to overtake a vehicle that can’t keep a constant speed. Then when you can finally pull back in you get a torrent of abuse from the stream of frustrated traffic! And yes i also do appreciate it when drivers notice this and intervene by slowing down the useless individual! 🙂

Back