What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

Not exactly stuck to the television, but doing a trawl came up with paint your wagon, memories of a mate at the time, we took the two Angela’s to the cinema to see this film. Brings back happy thoughts indeed. Canoodling at the back of the movies. These were very happy times, not exactly too innocent, I will leave it at that ;) I do wonder where are people now and how they have fared .

buycarparts.co.uk

Great job, parts delivered and I am delighted.

GIVE US FEEEDBACK...

OK

Pleased with parts price and service. It did take 2 weeks to get to me but with a lockdown and Christmas I still think pretty good. Overall, delighted.

Their response, "We have referred your complaint to the relevant department for action"..

Oh deer!

buycarparts.co.uk

Based in Germany.
I think they are connected with Autodoc, maybe a separate trading outlet of that company. Website layout is the same, as are the parts, and the prices, although address and VAT numbers different.

Autodoc send stuff from Germany, Belgium, and sometimes the Netherlands, so in normal times, always takes a week. Great prices if not in a hurry.

Based in Germany.
I think they are connected with Autodoc, maybe a separate trading outlet of that company. Website layout is the same, as are the parts, and the prices, although address and VAT numbers different.

Autodoc send stuff from Germany, Belgium, and sometimes the Netherlands, so in normal times, always takes a week. Great prices if not in a hurry.

Yes I did notice they came in an auto doc box. That explains it.

No idea how I found this, but worth 5 minutes of my time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR5l48_h5Eo

Is this the same as the new roundabout they have just built in cambridge? Not long after it opened I found myself having driven half way across it without even realising. It’s normal to run over half a dozen cyclists in Cambridge on any given day so I didn’t notice much of a difference with the new round about

It's lovely when they install something very local in one place that operates entirely differently to the rest of the country.

If you knock someone off it is your fault...but unless there's massive approach signage you could be forgiven that roundabout operates like a roundabout.

Similar to that magic roundabout thing with 8 mini roundabouts forming one massive one. How to make everyone from outside of the area A: Very obvious and B: a danger to themselves and others.

If you knock someone off it is your fault...but unless there's massive approach signage you could be forgiven that roundabout operates like a roundabout.

Being honest most roundabouts in Cambridge are a free for all when it comes to bikes. Drive through the town in rush hour during university term and your wipers can’t clear the crashed cyclists off your windscreen quick enough to see the signs anyway. They are all kamikaze lunatics

Drive through the town in rush hour during university term and your wipers can’t clear the crashed cyclists off your windscreen quick enough to see the signs anyway. They are all kamikaze lunatics

Ah those cyclists, the ones that somehow manage to combine getting very irate when you fail to make allowances for the fact there might be someone about to swerve out between two parked cars to go the wrong way down a one way street..with having no problem yelling "get out of the f***in way" at pedestrians who moderately inconvenience them on the pavement.

Lovely chaps as someone who lives near a downhill track...also part of the C2C route and regularly takes a rampaging toddler along shared use paths where officially they have to give way to everything I cannot begin to explain the level of respect I have for them.

Last edited:
Ah those cyclists, the ones that somehow manage to combine getting very irate when you fail to make allowances for the fact there might be someone about to swerve out between two parked cars to go the wrong way down a one way street..with having no problem yelling "get out of the f***in way" at pedestrians who moderately inconvenience them on the pavement.

Thems the ones, but.....!!! Now imagine all those faults in a middle aged woman who is riding one of those massive Dutch bikes with a wheel barrow type wooden bucket on the front full of her offspring and then multiply the sense of entitlement about 3000 times

Someone who believes that to drive within 20 miles of her town is to deliberately set out to murder her little darlings if not by ‘not’ swerving to avoid her, as she careers across a multi lane roundabout without stopping or looking as she goes through the red light, then it’s by gassing them with your exhaust fumes.... *cough*

A bloke near us has bought a Porsche Taycan. (Taken? Toucan? Can-can?)

Lovely motor but twice the size I had imagined. It also sounds like an Intercity Train when it pulls away. It's bloody loud!

With the Tesla's it's just the tyre noise but the motors on the Porsche were louder than any road noise.

Still have one though!

A bloke near us has bought a Porsche Taycan. (Taken? Toucan? Can-can?)

Lovely motor but twice the size I had imagined. It also sounds like an Intercity Train when it pulls away. It's bloody loud!

With the Tesla's it's just the tyre noise but the motors on the Porsche were louder than any road noise.

Still have one though!

Isn't some, or all, of the noise artificial? I thought all new EVs have to make some noise below a certain speed, to somehow warn pedestrians to look before stepping out.

To return to the bicycles theme. Oxford is the same, with bicycles everywhere, no regard for their own safety, arrogance by the sackful.

My, very limited, experience of driving in Holland, was that they were all quite relaxed, and very courteous, with a calm manner and sharing the roadspace happily.
Only one visit though, spring 2001, Seicento.

To return to the bicycles theme. Oxford is the same, with bicycles everywhere, no regard for their own safety, arrogance by the sackful.

My, very limited, experience of driving in Holland, was that they were all quite relaxed, and very courteous, with a calm manner and sharing the roadspace happily.
Only one visit though, spring 2001, Seicento.

Worked in Holland some years ago, both cycled and drove. I was made very aware from the outset by people who I worked with, be very careful around cyclists and don’t COMPETE with them, just go with the flow, if you are unfortunate enough to knock and injure a cyclist, it can become bad news for you, no matter the circumstances.

As Bill has said, I did indeed find the people relaxed and thoughtful either cycling or driving. On days off at the weekend, I cycled to various towns/villages to keep out of the pub :D I purchased a secondhand bike for three quid, yes, three quid. It only had three gears, but that was sufficient for me to get about. Pretty fit back then. ;) Very friendly people, the craic was excellent, my Scottish accent was fascinating to the natives. Teaching them some sweaty Scottish words was a hoot. Ah happy days.

I'm a day late, but yesterday an IRA scumbag terrorist died who killed 29 innocent people many years ago. Always another sure step forward for people here in NI for time to wash away these dangerous relics.

I don't care what your cause is, you don't drag innocent people into it like that and pretend to be a hero...

Did a quick out of hours food shop tonight.. pretty quiet thankfully

Ducking down an empty aisle I was greeted with this ...!!

Attachments

• 20210104_194800.jpg
    20210104_194800.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
Back