What's made you smile today?

Currently reading:
What's made you smile today?

I had to laugh at Macron's statement about the EU being 'too generous' to the UK... Does he not realise if we leave without a deal he gets zero access to UK waters?! :confused: I think CV19 is messing with his head!

england don't actually own most of its fishing quota anyway it was sold off out the backdoor https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52420116

just a thought, petrol and diesel is to be phased out .out side dover 1500+ lorrys parked up if they were electric powered were are they going to put 1500 chargers just a thought

So to be fair the plans for some future lorries are to have hydrogen fuel cells so they use hydrogen to make electricity then store that electricity in a battery. If they are not moving then they don’t need to use huge amounts of electricity and the fuel cells can produce huge amounts of power from the hydrogen, plenty to power a cab heater for a few days, and worst case scenario they have to top the tanks with a bit of hydrogen.

There are battery lorries planned from the likes of tesla but I wouldn’t see them used for much as the range is limited, maybe in towns and cities ?

just a thought, petrol and diesel is to be phased out .out side dover 1500+ lorrys parked up if they were electric powered were are they going to put 1500 chargers just a thought

Why would they need 1500 chargers :confused:

An EV doesn’t loose electric just sitting there stationary, just like fuel isn’t falling out of their tanks currently.

Somwhere off the M3.. Basingstoke way ..theyve built a new Park and Ride facility.. all Electric

A 'technician' is on nights swapping the Charge cable from bus to bus.
Every couple of hours..as the infrastructure cannot support more than 1 charger at a time.

TNT have used an all electric 7.5 tonner since around 2001.. delivering to 'traffic free' central Oxford

Needless to say its based 13 miles away

( sounds awful at 55 mph.. on a Dual carriageway) the idea isnt new... but not much take.up as trucks are massively expensive.. nobody wants to gamble

Somwhere off the M3.. Basingstoke way ..theyve built a new Park and Ride facility.. all Electric

A 'technician' is on nights swapping the Charge cable from bus to bus.
Every couple of hours..as the infrastructure cannot support more than 1 charger at a time.

TNT have used an all electric 7.5 tonner since around 2001.. delivering to 'traffic free' central Oxford

Needless to say its based 13 miles away

( sounds awful at 55 mph.. on a Dual carriageway) the idea isnt new... but not much take.up as trucks are massively expensive.. nobody wants to gamble

Sounds like the P&R facility wasn’t built correctly then (n)

Plenty of solutions, such as charger load sharing allowing them to all be plugged into multiple chargers at the same time.

Exactly how a lot of Tesla super charger sites work.

Not content with U.S. style SUV vehicles going 'supersize' in the UK..

3 completely choked the 8 spaces of a Dentist carpark this week.. I thought somebody was going to get crushed :(

I keep getting an Ad. For

A Harley Davidson 'RallyRaid : Dakar'

Road bike.. :eek:

At least you can park 1 of them within the lines at Tesco ;)

Should've posted this yesterday: me and a colleague were having our break in the canteen when our 87 year old boss came in with our xmas bonuses. [emoji2]

And today, I finished work for the year: time for 11 much needed days off!! [emoji2][emoji2]

Nice...hopefully not like mine. Tax man enjoyed my bonus and Overtime a lot...as did the local garage.

Better than not having it though :eek:

Nice...hopefully not like mine. Tax man enjoyed my bonus and Overtime a lot...as did the local garage.

Better than not having it though :eek:
The monetary bonus was put through the books, so unfortunately, I will have paid tax on it, (though hopefully not too much,) and like yourself, I suspect the taxman benefits from all the overtime I work almost as much as I do...

The monetary bonus was put through the books, so unfortunately, I will have paid tax on it, (though hopefully not too much,) and like yourself, I suspect the taxman benefits from all the overtime I work almost as much as I do...

Remember a lot of people are struggling at the moment so be thankful that you’ve got a good job and clearly a generous boss. Just be careful of going around telling people as other people could get very upset if they are having a tough time at the moment, consider putting a few pounds towards a local food bank it’s a bit late to help for Christmas but people will really appreciate the help even in the coming weeks ?

it’s a bit late to help for Christmas but people will really appreciate the help even in the coming weeks ?

food banks dont do too bad at xmas as everyone puts some in to make them selves feel better, its when its not xmas they need the help the most

And further to Andy’s comment, if you don’t already do so, put away for a rainy day. Not enough do and that’s become clearly obvious over the past 9 months since the first lockdown.

Its always fecking raining best put it away for a dry day

Hmm Forecast says we won't have a white Christmas...but we don't have anywhere to go today.

And it looks rather nice...and is falling heavily currently.

20201224_084349.jpg

Hmm Forecast says we won't have a white Christmas...but we don't have anywhere to go today.

And it looks rather nice...and is falling heavily currently.

View attachment 214602

A white Christmas is a North American phenomenon. Our winter peak is more likely late Jan - early Feb.
I heard a statistic a few years ago that said the number of white Christmases we'd had since Victorian times was less than 10.

As a child, we always went to grandparents at Christmas, 35 miles away, with a few hills and flat hilltops quite prone to stopping everything if snow fell. Can't remember the grandparent trip ever being cancelled.

Last edited:
Back