What Shocked You Today

Currently reading:
What Shocked You Today

Who knew being part of an evil mega corporation would have benefits beyond not going bust? 🤣
I know weird isn’t it lol

What made me laugh was the response I got when I told the Fiat parts guy what car it was for, you’d think I had phoned curries and asked for parts for a Betamax video recorder

Do fiat and vauxhall share that engine?
If not it seems an odd move to recommend a different make.

Do fiat and vauxhall share that engine?
If not it seems an odd move to recommend a different make.
Nope it is a stellantis thing they have parts "hubs" so all parts ordered across the company come to one hub in one area then are distributed from there out to the other dealers. So in this area, the Vauxhall dealership is the hub, all parts go to them, then they send them out to the local dealerships, covering Fiat, Peugeot, Jeep etc. like the main royal mail sorting office in a town, then sending the letters out to the little towns and villages.

Nope it is a stellantis thing they have parts "hubs" so all parts ordered across the company come to one hub in one area then are distributed from there out to the other dealers. So in this area, the Vauxhall dealership is the hub, all parts go to them, then they send them out to the local dealerships, covering Fiat, Peugeot, Jeep etc. like the main royal mail sorting office in a town, then sending the letters out to the little towns and villages.
In Swindon, we have the Fiat dealer opposite the Vauxhall dealer. Peugeot and Citroen a mile or so away. Never needed to buy parts from any of them, so no idea which will be the hub.

Driving in the car today, our little-un has developed a taste for the lightning seeds (that band off of the 90s)

We have an Amazon best of play list on and as is to be expected the 3 lions song comes on, when my wife shockingly points out that in two years from now it will be 60 years of hurt !!

WTF 😬

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN !!!!

Because in Scotland we know we are rubbish, but laugh at the English because they've not figured that out yet!!
You misunderstand, I couldn’t care less about the “hurt” bit but the song was an anthem in my formative years so it’s somewhat depressing that a song about something that happened 30 years prior is now 30 years old itself

Nothing that hammers home the passage of time like kids 🤣.

Remember the tiny baby you shared first Christmas with 10 minutes ago? She starts secondary school next week.

Word of warning do not re-watch beloved 80s films without a quick rewatch first..

Trading places...I'd entirely forgotten Dan Akroyd blacked up and went full Rasta..also the Indian scientist in Jonny 5 is problematic in the modern era as well..

Trading places...I'd entirely forgotten Dan Akroyd blacked up and went full Rasta..also the Indian scientist in Jonny 5 is problematic in the modern era as well..
Oddly, Gene Wilder seems acceptable in Silver Streak.

In terms of "teachable moments" I'd imagine not putting the idea of blacking up into the head of 5 year old in the internet era where nothing is forgotten is probably a good idea.

Regardless of who it is 🤣

Last edited:
Strangely enough there seems more violence and offense taken in the current diverse aware society than there ever was back in the past when everyone of all persuasions took the pi** out of everyone else. Or is that just me being old?:)

In terms of "teachable moments" I'd imagine not putting the idea of blacking up into the head of 5 year old in the internet era where nothing is forgotten is probably a good idea.
And that's why films have age limits, as should the internet

Yep, hence the original post being more of best have a quick look at any films you watched as a child before sharing the joy as they may well not be like you remember from those days...

Oddly enough my boy has seen neither of them...but interesting to revisit.

Back