tattoos? Yay or nay?

Currently reading:
tattoos? Yay or nay?

jamie86 said:
Has been said before ;)

Guess the posts screwd up? :S said "1 posts" and i read and theres been like 23, lmao? happens alot for me tho ;0/

softwarez said:
Guess the posts screwd up? :S said "1 posts" and i read and theres been like 23, lmao? happens alot for me tho ;0/

Ummm.................LL posts don't count towards your post count :)

Tattoos are addictive.... I'm walking proof of that...

I started off saying... just the one... one became two.... two became three...
and now i'm a walking colouring book

Even bought my own tattooing gear and did my own leg....

I sometimes regret them as people brand you as some sort of thug etc....

But I just tell them :

"Why buy a painting and hang it on a wall at home? You buy it for people to see. This way people see your artwork and nobody can steal it from you."

:devil:

I love good tattoos. I have spent over £500 on my lower arms so far, I intend to get the two on my upper arms extended over my shoulder.

So a (y) from me.

Wow, had no idea this thread would go so far!

Quite happy with mine still now a week an 2 days on, its nearly all healed up now, I'll have to get some pics up

Great amount of varied opinions on the matter! (y)

Okay i have a question :p

Does anyone know anything about the tattoo's that only last 5 years? I want one done because i want to know if i can really live with it for the rest of my life or not.

Anyone had one?

KoArAnG said:
Are those Henna tattoos or something ?

Don't know much about them myself apart from them looking nowhere near as good as propper ones.

I'm not sure :confused:

If they're henna i cant have one since i'm allergic all i know is they inject just below the skin and it lasts 3-5 years. Been trying to find somewhere localish that does them so i can have a chat. But with no luck.

The 5 year ones are done in the same way as a normal one except a special type of ink is used which starts to break down after 4-5 years.

These can cause scar tissue to form as in a normal tattoo and look bad as they start to fade....

I would never advise someone to get one.... scars look worse than a tattoo

shinythings said:
The 5 year ones are done in the same way as a normal one except a special type of ink is used which starts to break down after 4-5 years.

These can cause scar tissue to form as in a normal tattoo and look bad as they start to fade....

I would never advise someone to get one.... scars look worse than a tattoo
thats exactly right lora!!!
DONT get them!!! theyve been kow to cuase all sorts of problems with the ink breaking down more than its self!! very bad idea!!! best bet is if ya worried get one airbrushed on, itl be nothing like a real one but may help u decide,
i knew a woman who got that 5 year thing faded within 2 months n she has this horrible smudge on her back now that lasted for over 10 years until she had to get it coverd up by reall tattoo ( defeats the purpose!)

just a quick note, im gonna be gettin UV ink highlighted on mine for the next tattoo convention how cool!!!!!! be a hell of alot of pain tho for sumfin ill only see in black light lol!!
xxx

black_cinq said:
Okay i have a question :p

Does anyone know anything about the tattoo's that only last 5 years? I want one done because i want to know if i can really live with it for the rest of my life or not.

Anyone had one?

Maybe you could use transfers and then not wash for a while :)

ben said:
Can you add this over the top of current ones? That sounds pretty cool (y)
yeah they just use shading needle, highlight the accents on origional tattoo ( or the full thing) its sssssssooooooooooooo cool!!!! looks amazing n no one can tell until the uv lights come on!
xxx

jamie86 said:
How much more than a normal one does it hurt?

And what's the prices like then?
it the same pain as a shader needle, prices .........well technically its not been unleashed onto market and only being used at conventions ( like car paint lol at shows before they sell it) the ink is dearer than normal but as its a niech(sp) in the market just now tattooist chargin what eva they want, really depends on how much u want done
xxx
http://www.blacklightink.com/uv-blacklight-reactive-tattoos-tattoo-ink.htm

Hmm, you chaps seen those UV security pens?
Do your own highlights for an absolute fraction of the cost. When in my 'alternative' phase... we used to go out with scribblings and stuff that only showed in blacklight. Ah, phases.

Back