Tattoo Idea Good Or Bad

Currently reading:
Tattoo Idea Good Or Bad

have an idea for a tatto have been lookin at get this one for some time now and finaly came up with an idea for one but i said i would put it to the forum first

i want to get the 1901 badge and stretch it to fit in the wording of the 1899 one between the fiat and the rising sun on the 1901 badge so i'll put it to the forum good or bad idea and i will be gettin it on my shoulder

attachment.php

Attachments

• car-logo-fiat.gif
    car-logo-fiat.gif
    92.8 KB · Views: 252
first of all this is a very personal idea only you can/should answer ..
i have no idea how old you are but at a guess your young;)
you may regret this tattoo later on in life:eek: its certainly not the worst thing you could do but i do feel the only person to answer your question is you as i said:confused:if you want my opinion DONT DO IT:cool:

In case you hadn't noticed, the wording from the 1899 badge is already in the 1901 badge. It's at the bottom but it's quite small.

Although I probably wouldnt get a fiat tattoo myself. I would go for
one that is the best shape to fit on your shoulder. You dont want it to
be too distorted by the shape of muscles etc. Probably better to go for
a more simpler design, as I think text over time will blur a little. So the
one I would pick would be the 1932 one.

I've never been convinced by the popularity of tatoos (or piercings). They always indicate 'branding', 'thuggery' and other unsavory ideals... but, then again, I'm 'old' and have narrow views of life (bring on all the tatoo fans' derision now.....).

Re the FIAT tatoo though..... if you saw someone with a Morris Oxford tatoo (or Morris Marina for example) wouldn't you think "hah..... idiot"?

Todays popular vehicle is tomorrows laughing stock.

Your choice though.

Hmm I was thinking of having the new logo tattooed on my forehead and having my ears chromed.

Ah, you're trying to look like a Fiat 500 aren't you ;)

:p

Tattoos: You choose one that YOU want and that YOU think looks good on you. If you need others to say "yes" to the design you want then you're getting it for the wrong reasons. Years ago Ford carried out the biggest ever public survey when designing the Ford Edsel. The public said "yes" to all the design features put forward. Ford built the car thinking it was exactly what the public wanted and put it on sale. The Ford Edsel went down as one of the biggest sales flops in automotive history...

Don't rely on the public to confirm a decision for you!

Ah, you're trying to look like a Fiat 500 aren't you ;)

:p

Tattoos: You choose one that YOU want and that YOU think looks good on you. If you need others to say "yes" to the design you want then you're getting it for the wrong reasons. Years ago Ford carried out the biggest ever public survey when designing the Ford Edsel. The public said "yes" to all the design features put forward. Ford built the car thinking it was exactly what the public wanted and put it on sale. The Ford Edsel went down as one of the biggest sales flops in automotive history...

Don't rely on the public to confirm a decision for you!
ed2.jpg

bit like the homer

800px-The_Homer_by_Carlos_Bisquertt.jpg

no i shop in tesco's we dont have asda in ireland:p
would you say the same thing to some one who has a tattoo of their fav band or of their girlfriends name or even a childs name at least i'm not like the people who got the year they where born tattoo across their chest because justin timberface did,what makes it any different than a tribal tattoo or a bufferfly or something that a girl mite get at least my one has meaning it is an expreshion of the passion that i have for fiat i know lots of lads who have ireland or eire and one lad who has a british bulldog on his arm these are all things done because the people are passionate about that particuler thing so what is the difference :p

would you say the same thing to some one who has a tattoo of their fav band or of their girlfriends name or even a childs name

Yes. Though maybe not their child's name.

at least i'm not like the people who got the year they where born tattoo across their chest because justin timberface did,what makes it any different than a tribal tattoo or a bufferfly or something that a girl mite get

Tribal tattoos/ butterflies don't necessarily have direct meanings/ links. They are a bit of a 'fashion' tattoo, or 'me too' tattoos as I've seen them described as so many people get them. But other than fashions changing they don't really become a direct visual reminder of something in the future you may be trying to forget.

at least my one has meaning it is an expreshion of the passion that i have for fiat

But what happens if you go off Fiat and get into another manufacturer's car?

i know lots of lads who have ireland or eire and one lad who has a british bulldog on his arm these are all things done because the people are passionate about that particuler thing so what is the difference :p

As mentioned above, if you really want it then go for it.

However, do bear in mind that times change and what was once cool and trendy can become something deeply unfashionable. Imagine if Fiat ended like Rover and got bought out by the Chinese, then the Chinese churned out utter cheap tat with the Fiat name on it. Suddenly that cool Italian logo becomes linked with disposible characterless Chinese cars. I hope that won't happen, but one can never know what the future may hold.

Same thing with band names. A current band may be cool and ultra modern, but many go on and sell out and become middle of the road pap. Gets a bit embarrassing when you still have them branded on you... And always a no no is girlfriend's or even wife's names. What happens if you split with your girlfriend? You'll have to find another with the same name else it can get a bit awkward! And with 1 in 3 marriages ending in divorce the same applies to having your wife's name tattoo'd onto you. If it gets acrimonious the last thing you'll want is to see her name every time you look at your arm/ body part. Kid's names can be a bit different as they'll always be your kid. However they may go on and become a drug dealing delinquent and you may wish to disown them!

Tattoos are, and always will be, a personal objective. Only you can decide if it is really what you want or not.

Good luck :)

would you say the same thing to some one who has a tattoo of their fav band or of their girlfriends name or even a childs name at least i'm not like the people who got the year they where born tattoo across their chest because justin timberface did,what makes it any different than a tribal tattoo or a bufferfly or something that a girl mite get at least my one has meaning it is an expreshion of the passion that i have for fiat i know lots of lads who have ireland or eire and one lad who has a british bulldog on his arm these are all things done because the people are passionate about that particuler thing so what is the difference :p
deary me go & get the bloody tattoo then & while while your at it get an exhaust tattoo,d on yer @rse:D :rolleyes:

personally i think its wierd to have a car manufacturer tattoo, in the same way that its wierd to have anyone's name tattooed (unless its martin luther king, or chuck norris, etc)

so you come in to work on monday.
"i got my new tattoo!"
"oh? what is it?
"its a fiat badge from the 30's"
"..."
"......"
".....oh. very nice" (constrained laughter)

Last edited:
I'm reminded of the Newcastle United supporter who had the latest team signing (can't remember the players name) tatooed across his back - full sized PICTURE of the player no less - only to have him leave 12 months later.

I suppose he could always have a 'tash tatooed over the face of the player and change allegiances to being a fan of Hitler.

Yes, tatoos are deeply personal but, if you MUST have one, have one that's non-specific but can be explained to someone as "it means..... to me" otherwise you'll just end up looking like a typical tatooed idiot. ACAB anyone?

theres a guy at work with loads of cheap tattoos (stars, and other shapes) tattooed all over his body, including right behind his ears on the skull (pain! :eek:)

and the end result makes him look like a grade A idiot (n)

so yeah, if you want a tat, it had better be a) really pretty or menacing, or b) meaningful (y)

Last edited:
I say get it done........;)

The thought of you in later life limping down to the local Post office to collect your pension wearing a flat-cap, carrying a walking stick and stinking of TCP knowing you have got FIAT tatooed across your arse or wherever has brightened up an otherwise boring and humdrum weekend for me.......cheers pal, nice one (y)

Why dont you just buy a nice FIAT keyring or possibly even a sweatshirt like most other keen and sensible enthusiasts do?

If you are desperate for a tat` get one that says "MAM", you are far less likely to be ridiculed or regret it in later life.

Back