richard hammond***breaking news***

Currently reading:
richard hammond***breaking news***

I see the article about clarkson in the sun this morning, made me smile.

They said Clarkson was speaking to hammond at his bedside and was getting no response, so he decided to say "You know the reason your here is because your a Cr*p driver..." to which hammond smiled...

I'm glad to hear he's doing better :)

From the BBC this evening:

Top Gear's James May says he is convinced his fellow presenter Richard Hammond is "perfectly intact" after a conversation at his hospital bedside.

Mr May said it was not a long talk "but it was a conversation".
"I'm not a doctor but I am his mate and I believe that deep inside the Hammond I know is perfectly intact," he said.

Prehaps it's looking good for Hamster?

Hammond is a fighter he will be fine, hes a good hamster and certainly adored by people over the nation. We often take for granted people like Richard 'Hamster' Hammond but events can happen to make us realise we dont have long in this life so need to make the most of it :eek:

getwellsoonHAMMOND.jpg

Bit of fun from b3ta :D

My Step Dads Daugter the Posh side of my new family works at the Hospital in a different ward. and you will be happy to know Hamster Did not break any bones during the crash. Thats all I could get ut of her. But she doent like me so I am not suprised. anyway Good luck and hope to see you soon on your feet and in your car.

Oh and richard is now a little better. As far as information has been posted but still not running rings around his bed. but any good news is good.

BTW Does anyone know when Top Gear was or is meant to be comming back on the air waves. I know its not the first thing we realy want to discuss but I hate it when its off the air. OR Has anyone heard if it is comming back due to the unfortunate events this week.

I think it's a bit up in the air whether it'll come back. I suspect if it did go off air, it'd come back soon due to millions of petrol heads demanding it too. And I think Richard would probably like to think it won't go off air, seeing as he loves cars (well I don't know if he does anymore :confused: ). I'm so glad he's getting better, I was dreading what I'd read on the news the next morning after the crash, but it's good to read he's recovering :)

I have just been looking at this photo below of the crash line and if you look closely you can see the white line where the vehicle was scraping along the ground before the tyre marks. this indicats to me that the front left tyre was not on the car at the point it started to move off course. and the fact that there are two tyre marks at the right Which is the rear of the machine and only one at the front makes it clear he could not do anything to get control back. It has gone full turn in the air nose to tail once and turned over three times. from what i can see. I am bloody glad he is still alive. :worship:

Attachments

• Hammond.jpg
    Hammond.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
This thread has taken a bit of a sick turning hasnt it :(. CAn we please get back to the 'get well soon' posts :)

****ing hell, some of you people have no sence of humour what so ever, this place is so ****ing politicaly correct no adays!

fair enough if the guy had died but he hasnt! hes making a recovery!

The guy himself will soon see the funny side of thisand no doubt it will just turn into a regular pisstake on top gear (along with the teeth, height etc.) The fact that he already smiled at JCs "**** driver" comment shows he can already look at the accident in a different light.

Why get back to "get well soon" posts? you think hes going to come onto the fiat forum esspecialy to read them?

Noones taking the **** at the guys expence! The pictures are just making light of an unfortunate situation. Its what people do! If everyone just sat around mopeing all day, noone would ever get over anything!

Some of you just need to lighten up. (n) This is a forum where people come for entertainement, not a morgue...

edit - I suppose this post will get deleted now, have i overstepped the line by expressing an opinion?

Last edited:
On the bright side though, apparently the Hamster is up and walking :slayer: :)

MATT 68 said:
Really? Thats excellent news. I spose hell be blowing up caravans on Brainiac next week!:worship: :worship:

Yeah, just been watching BBC news. According to JC, he walked on Thursday night.

MATT 68 said:
Youve not overstepped the mark in my opinion mate(y) In fact youve hit the nail bang on the head about political correctness and fiat forum:slayer:
I agree, Richard Hammond is the sort of guy that will see the funny side. He'll be laughing at what happened soon as well. Now that it is clear that's he's going to be ok the situation is different to that of a couple of days ago.

Matt, have any moderators commented on the humour or edited it out? No. So your comment on PC is misguided in relation to this thread. Let's keep this thread on topic and not use it to take swipes at the moderating team.

Last edited:
Back