Qatari princesses halt BA flight

Currently reading:
Qatari princesses halt BA flight

"A British Airways flight was delayed for nearly four hours after a group of Qatari princesses objected to sitting next to men they did not know. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6920226.stm

Erm, did they expect to know everyone on the flight then? Didn't they realise that flying on a commercial jet they might just get given seats next to strangers? Stupid stuck up Princesses... :tosser:

Well, BA are a business, and these ladies are customers, part of a large family of well off customers and with connections to whoever dishes out landing rights. Also there was a religous element to their problem, and of course that has to be weighed up as well. So if I was BA I would have probably gone out of my way to accomodate them, and then had an inquest and maybe that would have resulted in a salesman going to have a word with someone senior who holds the purse strings for travel and pointing out that in future they can have exactly what they want, whenever they want it, and this is what it will cost in extra seat reservations.

Now that was weird. Off topic, but I called mum over to have a look and as she walked away saying "that's the problem, people with too much money think they can do what they like", at the same time I looked at the 'most read' stories box. I had the most realistic bout of de ja vu ever! I mean usually its a little tinge of 'hang on, I did this before', but I am convinced I already read this about a week ago - and in the most read stories list, I recognised them all and thought them to be old news, such as Charley being evicted.

Annyway, thought I would share that with you this fine Saturday morning :D And yeah, what my mum said basically sums up my thoughts. It doesn't explain the class they flew on the BA flight, but implies it was economy. Barring booking an entire section of the plane, how can you not sit next to a guy you don't know?

Back