motorway cops

Currently reading:
motorway cops

it was a old mate, no longer speak to him. i have no wish to contact him and ask him to do it again believe me! you'll just have to believe it didnt happen!

If you wouldn't mind following my vehicle to the local weighbridge sir....

A couple of years ago the police put a truck on the ex-Indesit works in Blythe Bridge's weigh bridge (security are still there as are a few of the social clubs like golf, radio etc) and it was so heavy it broke the weigh bridge! The mechanism has totally collapsed on it and its upper weight limit was supposed to be about 65 tons! :eek:

A couple of years ago the police put a truck on the ex-Indesit works in Blythe Bridge's weigh bridge (security are still there as are a few of the social clubs like golf, radio etc) and it was so heavy it broke the weigh bridge! The mechanism has totally collapsed on it and its upper weight limit was supposed to be about 65 tons! :eek:

OMG :ROFLMAO: :p

What about a Veyron with one of those whale catching guns on the roof.
They could fire it into the back of the car they're chasing and it would hook into the body of the car then they could slam on the anchors and bring them to a stop :cool:.

Or what about a gun that fires a sticky tracking device.
Shoot it at the back of the car, it sticks, then they could pull out of the chase and let the tracker do its work.
They could follow without the chavs knowing they were being chased.
No need for a helicopter either ;) (y) :cool:

What do you think, shall I patent these ideas?

I'm sure I saw a prog where a police force (Finland?) had a car with a huge spear on the front which normally lays across the bumper. When the time is right it can be deployed so it sticks out in front, the police then ram the crooks & a sleeping gas is introduced. Police then use their car to slow the thieves' car.
But I like the harpoon idea just as much. maybe if the harpoon could deliver an EMP or huge voltage to short out the car's electrics as well a a sleeping gas to ensure the chavs can't do a runner.
Actually, it would be cheaper just to blow them up - innocent people don't just run from the police - and save the taxpayer a fortune in prison costs etc.
We were told the Thames Valley copter costs £1000 per hour - bloody annoying when the idiots nick a scooby from the garage round the corner & the copter hovers over your house at 2am - and that bl00dy light thing they use - it singes the grass.

I'm sure I saw a prog where a police force (Finland?) had a car with a huge spear on the front which normally lays across the bumper. When the time is right it can be deployed so it sticks out in front, the police then ram the crooks & a sleeping gas is introduced. Police then use their car to slow the thieves' car.

Wow :eek: a bit extreme but effective

But I like the harpoon idea just as much.

Harpoon :idea: that's the word I was trying to think of :eek:

I was watching one of these programs the other night, where they tried to block off a stolen berlingo van but had to leave a gap for him to escape through for safety reasons ? :S

we are insured as well but i know many wont give a flying

we also used to travel in backs as kids once or twice only a mile at 6 am tho
When I was about 12, in 196? 2 mates and myself travelled a short distance, a couple of miles or so in the boot of my Old Man's Vauxhall Cresta.

Used to go fishing with mate & his dad. The old van only had one seat - driver's - rest of us sat on sacks of cement or shingle in the back.
Saying that, I remember crew vans that just had a wooden bench running front to back.
The "Crewbus" with the longtitudinal wooden benches were quite common and, as with me in the boot of the Cresta, Health and Safety as we know it didn't exist.

What about a Veyron with one of those whale catching guns on the roof.
They could fire it into the back of the car they're chasing and it would hook into the body of the car then they could slam on the anchors and bring them to a stop :cool:.

Or what about a gun that fires a sticky tracking device.
Shoot it at the back of the car, it sticks, then they could pull out of the chase and let the tracker do its work.
They could follow without the chavs knowing they were being chased.
No need for a helicopter either ;) (y) :cool:

What do you think, shall I patent these ideas?
The harpoon idea will have to be put on the back burner, but the sticky tracker has some merit. You'd still need a helicopter as the bug could fall off or be removed, but I think it's a good idea. You just need some kind of contact adhesive that will stick to steel.

44 tonnes is the maximum weight before you go onto STGOs. Any thing over 44 tonnes would only need a weighbridge if it's going to go over a bridge with a weight limit.

But I like the harpoon idea just as much. maybe if the harpoon could deliver an EMP or huge voltage to short out the car's electrics as well a a sleeping gas to ensure the chavs can't do a runner.
Actually, it would be cheaper just to blow them up - innocent people don't just run from the police - and save the taxpayer a fortune in prison costs etc.
We were told the Thames Valley copter costs £1000 per hour - bloody annoying when the idiots nick a scooby from the garage round the corner & the copter hovers over your house at 2am - and that bl00dy light thing they use - it singes the grass.
I think wind up is the order of the day here. The "sleeping gas" would have to be a form of General Aneasthetic which would normally be administered by a mask directly into the nose and mouth, so trying to fill a car with it would take a lot of gas and it would take a while to work. As it took effect, the driver would lose consciousness and crash.....probably into an innocent bystander. On the other hand, if the driver opened the window the gas would disperse in seconds.

In theory, innocent people don't run from the Law. But, we recently had a pursuit near where I live, in fact it passed within 50 yards of our front door. A biker had been signalled to stop for a minor motoring offence and failed to do so. He made a run for it and was pursued up to the point where he lost control and was killed. A Police Officer has been charged with Dangerous Driving. The man was in his mid-fifties and was not known to the Police.

What I don't understand is why the charge should be made. If you are told to stop by the Police and don't; surely there must be more at stake than simply no insurance. In which case, not knowing why he's running, surely the Cops must try and stop him. I don't see how anyone can claim provocation or some
similar defence, after all, you aren't running from car-jackers, muggers of drug
dealers.

44 tonnes is the maximum weight before you go onto STGOs. Any thing over 44 tonnes would only need a weighbridge if it's going to go over a bridge with a weight limit.

Making a weigh bridge on the principle of everyone going upto and no more than the legal limit without any form of built in ability to take over the limit for the one time someone does go over means it gets broken every time someone does. 50% over does seem like a fair amount but I didn't buy/build it.

I think when they had it the limit might not have been 44 tonnes and may have been lower; either way it is totally buggered!

Think you saw that on Tomorrows world sadly health and safety put a stop to that idea me thinks and it was tear gas rather then KO gas (what would amnesty international say) :eek:

Last edited:
Making a weigh bridge on the principle of everyone going upto and no more than the legal limit without any form of built in ability to take over the limit for the one time someone does go over means it gets broken every time someone does. 50% over does seem like a fair amount but I didn't buy/build it.

I think when they had it the limit might not have been 44 tonnes and may have been lower; either way it is totally buggered!
The point I was trying to make was that normally, only vehicles up to 44 tonnes would go on a weighbridge because only those are subject to laws regarding total and axle weights.

Anything over and above 44t, or the previous 38 and 32 ton limits come under STGO (Special Types, General Orders) which include weights over those limits. It would be quite unusual to put STGO trucks weights on a public weighbridge because the weight would already be over legal parameters, in other words they are registered and taxed on a "heavyweight" basis.

On that basis, the vehicle was somewhere in the region of 50% overloaded.

As we have very little heavy industry any more, there are less and less STGO vehicles on the road.

quote1.gif
Traffic police were called and a woman in her 30s was questioned at the scene after the incident on Saturday at 6.15pm..
quote2.gif

predictable

Just wondering if we read the same link...

Traffic police were called and a man in his 30s was questioned at the scene after the incident on Saturday at 6.15pm.. :confused:

Back