motorway cops

Currently reading:
motorway cops

The guy was a moron, 6 in a 5 seater, baby not belted in properly & he really didn't want to know.
Best thing that the police could have done for him was to let him sniff their pepper spray - but I suspect they can't do that as it probably involves 15 hours of paperwork.
Maybe if these idiots were taken off the road & forced to retake the test at their own expense.
What we may have had in that situation could well have been cultural. There is a tendancy in South Asia to fill up any space left in the vehicle without any consideration as to the number of seat belts in comparison with the number of
applicants.

I'ts often the same with vans. If you can fill a Sprinter van to the roof, then they don't think overloading it by100%.

The guy on the programme had been, supposedly, for 15 years but even after
being told 3 times how to do it correctly still almost caused a crash. Maybe if he'd been shown how to do it correctly after he'd passed his test he wouldn't have had such a near miss.

but you cant teach common sense, that be why even after being told 3 times he was still a div

And why not?
All these idiots who take these risks will soon realise.
Saw one on a prog the other week, the guy was disqual & still driving his huge 4x4 beemer, looked fairly new as well - it'd be the best wake up call for these morons.

Absolutely no reason not to in my opinion (sorry missed out: "so I don't see why we can't" last night).

Yes, perhaps the bailiff's route immediately would be more shocking to them!

not wachin cause im watchin night rider
this pisses me off since if its a transet or any other kind it will not be insured for social and domestic

you can insure any van for just social and domestic, i checked this out with a few companies before i bought my van. Yuo are still not allowed to carry passengers in the back unless seats are fitted though.
Although gotta be honest having spent the last 8 yrs playing in bands i've done alot of travelling around the UK in the back of a van with no seats.

you can insure any van for just social and domestic, i checked this out with a few companies before i bought my van. Yuo are still not allowed to carry passengers in the back unless seats are fitted though.
Although gotta be honest having spent the last 8 yrs playing in bands i've done alot of travelling around the UK in the back of a van with no seats.

:yeahthat:

Alot of agric students at college have them, Fiesta Van or Corsa van are alot cheaper to insure under domestic and pleasure than Fiesta car or Corsa car! But still get the same vehicle, just with no rear seats. More room for ICE :p

I enjoyed this programme since I knew one of the officers on there - we used to work together for nearly a year so that was cool (y)

Oh right, which one :confused:

but you cant teach common sense, that be why even after being told 3 times he was still a div

:ROFLMAO: that one was a right prick.

You could see quite clearly that the driver wasn't listening to the Cop at all. He was too busy trying to think of the next thing he could argue about. He wouldn't accept he had done anything wrong.

We have problems with overloaded goods vehicles where I work. A Mercedes Sprinter high roof panel van can carry about 2,000 X 1kg boxes, a chassis cab with a 12' 6" box body can take about 3,000. These vans have a payload of approx. 1,500 kgs. A 100% overloading is not something to be ignored, but with the dearth of Traffic Cops, they often get away with it.

In the absence of any effective enforcement, especially at night, I've been on a bit of a charm offensive coupled with an education drive which seems to be having an effect. Unfortunately, some of the drivers are like the guy in the programme; you talk to them, they nod and smile. Then ignore everything you have just said.

we are insured as well but i know many wont give a flying

we also used to travel in backs as kids once or twice only a mile at 6 am tho

You could see quite clearly that the driver wasn't listening to the Cop at all. He was too busy trying to think of the next thing he could argue about. He wouldn't accept he had done anything wrong.

We have problems with overloaded goods vehicles where I work. A Mercedes Sprinter high roof panel van can carry about 2,000 X 1kg boxes, a chassis cab with a 12' 6" box body can take about 3,000. These vans have a payload of approx. 1,500 kgs. A 100% overloading is not something to be ignored, but with the dearth of Traffic Cops, they often get away with it.

In the absence of any effective enforcement, especially at night, I've been on a bit of a charm offensive coupled with an education drive which seems to be having an effect. Unfortunately, some of the drivers are like the guy in the programme; you talk to them, they nod and smile. Then ignore everything you have just said.

I used to own a pug pickup which had a load limiter built into it. The payload was 1500kg. I was lead to believe you could get away with a few percent over this then the motor wouldn't start (so I was told). Never did get anywhere near the limit so I don't know how true this was.

With all the tech built into vehicles these days, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to measure the strain on the springs and immobilise the vehicle.

we are insured as well but i know many wont give a flying

we also used to travel in backs as kids once or twice only a mile at 6 am tho

Used to go fishing with mate & his dad. The old van only had one seat - driver's - rest of us sat on sacks of cement or shingle in the back.
Saying that, I remember crew vans that just had a wooden bench running front to back.

im affraid we are guilty of overloading our sprinter as well
imagine a 3 inch layer of metal accross half the bed

tyres were given 60 psi and scraped against wheel arches
If you wouldn't mind following my vehicle to the local weighbridge sir....

I used to own a pug pickup which had a load limiter built into it. The payload was 1500kg. I was lead to believe you could get away with a few percent over this then the motor wouldn't start (so I was told). Never did get anywhere near the limit so I don't know how true this was.

With all the tech built into vehicles these days, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to measure the strain on the springs and immobilise the vehicle.
It may be very easy to fit such a device, but it would be equally easy to disable it. There are commercially available axle weighing monitors that fit to trucks and/or trailers and give a read-out in the cab

watched it on iplayer last night, the man with 4 people in the back was shocking, he was arrogant too.

I agree. Why should the police put up with this ****?
Same when you watch other police programmes, they really do have to put up with shedloads of crap from obviously guilty chavs.
If they've got cameras rolling, the cops should be allowed to give one warning to stop (when giving chase) - if they refuse then this should be taken as a sign of guilt & tasers deployed.
With car chases, no more than half a mile following with blues and twos then the force helicopter is deployed with certain armaments ready to be fired.

I agree. Why should the police put up with this ****?
Same when you watch other police programmes, they really do have to put up with shedloads of crap from obviously guilty chavs.
If they've got cameras rolling, the cops should be allowed to give one warning to stop (when giving chase) - if they refuse then this should be taken as a sign of guilt & tasers deployed.
With car chases, no more than half a mile following with blues and twos then the force helicopter is deployed with certain armaments ready to be fired.
yeah i couldnt agree more. the chases go on for ages and he was saying there not allowed to make a solid block they have to make it so theres a way out!? makes no sence. i have actually been tasered/shocked by a mate once with a stun gun and its so effective! i went straight down. helicopters cost so much money to keep in the air too the cars should be allowed to get more involved in taking down the suspect car so it doesnt get as far as needing a helicopter.

What about a Veyron with one of those whale catching guns on the roof.
They could fire it into the back of the car they're chasing and it would hook into the body of the car then they could slam on the anchors and bring them to a stop :cool:.

Or what about a gun that fires a sticky tracking device.
Shoot it at the back of the car, it sticks, then they could pull out of the chase and let the tracker do its work.
They could follow without the chavs knowing they were being chased.
No need for a helicopter either ;) (y) :cool:

What do you think, shall I patent these ideas?

Back