silver_bullet_003.JPG

Punto (Mk1) Mk1 85 Elx

Introduction

The hencree! (or dodgem or silver bullet) was looking a bit sorry for itself when i finished work so gave it a wash...before i decided to hate it again.
And now my to do list after the mot 1st the mismatch on the front wing a temp repair thats still going nine months on.

second the tin worm i only noticed a few days ago...also need some wheel cleaner!

Third the engine bay, note the lack of cover over the starter solenoid so I can bring the pain if its playing up

If I got one again it would have to be a GT...cos it would be a second car and the reliability isn't as important don't have the space atm tho...If I did would have had the mk1 in a corner while I ripped its engine out trying to sort it..damn thing. That car was one the reasons I didn't buy a Mk2 or a GP...not cos it died in an incredibly contrived manner but cos for me it was the ultimate punto everything I wanted fast enough, 5 dr shell alloys, fogs, sporting nose the cool looking headlamps. Took me 6 months to find one in good nick. They kinda went downhill after that not keen on the looks of the mk2 or 2b...and GPS is a bit big unwieldy for my taste..no offence to any Gp owners.

looks great, wish my punto looked as good, i just got a 90ELX same colour as yours, for £250, owned by an old lady since 1996 so its clean and only got 60k miles, but the bumpers all need doing, and its got nast velour trim inside, doesnt help, and the doors awful, and though the mk1's had ugly doors to start with..

Back