IMG_20230825_111922.jpg

850 Fiat 850 Coupé Sport

Introduction

1968 Fiat 850 Coupe, imported to Sweden in 2022 from her earlier life in Finland.
Reactions: ben
Been giving this a lot of thought, searched around and asked car enthusiasts and think that i might have underpressure in the tank along the lines of what bugsymike thought about. The small hole in the gas cap isn't plugged but that might not be enough (which i thought it was and that that was the vent).

Last edited:
Been giving this a lot of thought, searched around and asked car enthusiasts and think that i might have underpressure in the tank along the lines of what bugsymike thought about. The small hole in the gas cap isn't plugged but that might not be enough (which i thought it was and that that was the vent).
It could even be something else causing a lack of a good fuel supply.
Is it possible to make a temporary independent fuel supply directly to the carb to prove or disprove this as the problem.

Re the front suspension. If the front bushes were ever loosened and retightened they are best pinched up at road height. If someone has tightened up the a arm bolt and lower spring bolts when the car is in the air it can Emily cause a difference in ride height from one side to annother.

Alternatively I would check that both rear springs are good and without cracks and also check both rear springs have the metal and rubber mounts at the top.

Tim

Re the front suspension. If the front bushes were ever loosened and retightened they are best pinched up at road height. If someone has tightened up the a arm bolt and lower spring bolts when the car is in the air it can Emily cause a difference in ride height from one side to annother.

Alternatively I would check that both rear springs are good and without cracks and also check both rear springs have the metal and rubber mounts at the top.

Tim
Thanks a lot, Will definitely check when spring finally returns.

Back