General Inner boot handle

Currently reading:
General Inner boot handle

I do on my cinq, but use the handle coz i dont want dirty hands!
sorry I even put this topic on the forum.
maybe I should talk about when I took the little beast through germany at 105mph
then back the same way!

Hate to burst your bubble but the 1.2 won't go past 100mph.

Not to be rude but this IS a discussion forum and as such things will be discussed. You have to expect that some people are always going to not like whatever changes you make to a car or indeed not understand at all why you make them. Personally the standard handle is just fine and I don't need to put my hand or fingers through the loop to close the boot. To me the boot pull is a purely functional bit of the car and being that it's inside of the boot 99.99% of the time I'm not bothered about what it looks like and no one is ever likely to notice the change..

I only replaced it because the alfa one made a loop, and it was easier.

If it was made of the oe stuff and made a loop I would have changed it.

But why does it need to make a loop? It's perfectly acceptable as a handle without putting fingers through the loop :confused:

Sometimes I can't quite understand why you're here on the 500 forum Ulpian?

Because I like Fiats, as I have often repeated, and I own one and have owned others - as you must well know, since you are omnipresent - and I care about the company, and its survival.

So don't be so bloody smug and insulting.

Oh, and apologies to Caz. I still think that worrying about a bloody grab handle is nuts, but hey-ho, you can if you like.

I really bristle at the cod-wonderment at my being on the Forum though. Tw@t!

Last edited:
I think it is a great little mod, thank you caz360 for sharing it with us. I dont understand why some people are getting so uptight. If you like it make a comment. If you dont like it or if it makes you foam at the mouth! please move on to another thread may enjoy.

Last edited:
Because I like Fiats, as I have often repeated, and I own one and have owned others - as you must well know, since you are omnipresent - and I care about the company, and its survival.

So don't be so bloody smug and insulting.

Yes but you're all doom and gloom. Fiat are at an alltime high when it comes to customer perception and that's pretty much all because of the 500 and Panda. Sure they could have done things better and had DDCT and multiair/twinair out there earlier but lets not cry over spilt milk.

Oh, and apologies to Caz. I still think that worrying about a bloody grab handle is nuts, but hey-ho, you can if you like.

Because he wanted too and it only cost a 10er. One mans rubbish is another mans treasure and all that. There is no need to go around throwing insults at them.
I could write a list as long as my Huge... Forearm on mods that you would term pointless over the years. I do it because i get pleasure from it.

Yes but you're all doom and gloom. Fiat are at an alltime high when it comes to customer perception and that's pretty much all because of the 500 and Panda. Sure they could have done things better and had DDCT and multiair/twinair out there earlier but lets not cry over spilt milk.

“Any lingering sales momentum in the UK for Fiat was wiped out during August as registrations crashed by two thirds year-on-year which was almost four times the fall in the overall market which is in negative territory once again, according to data released by SMMT. The picture was almost as beleaguered at Fiat Group Automobiles (FGA) Alfa Romeo division which saw its own sales almost cut in half compared to the same month last year.

The new numbers make bad reading for the Fiat Automobiles brand: in August it barely scraped into five figures (1044 units) and, when compared to 3086 units sold during the same month a year ago, that added up to a year-on-year crash of 65.50%. It meant that Fiat share of the overall market last month slipped down to just 1.89%, considerably less than half the 4.52% slices achieved during August 2009. Fiat was also the worst performing mass brand in the UK last month.”

The above quote is from Italiaspeed. It's the same story all across Europe, Fiat sales falling. There are any number of reasons for this, but there's no need to shoot the messenger.

Because he wanted too and it only cost a 10er.

Only! For a plastic strap that practically nobody uses.

That's real money for some people, and will be for a lot more people next year when this government begins its wealth transfers from the working poor to the rich.

OK, it matters to him, but in the great scheme of things..... If you see what I mean:mad:

That's real money for some people, and will be for a lot more people next year when this government begins its wealth transfers from the working poor to the rich.

OK, it matters to him, but in the great scheme of things..... If you see what I mean:mad:
No, not really - their cash, they can do what they want with it. If they want to share this on the forum, then let them - if you don't like it, then fine - but there are better ways of saying this :)

For some people, £10 is nothing ;)

Only! For a plastic strap that practically nobody uses.

Whilst I don't see the point of this mod (just IMHO) I think you're almost taking it personally and certainly a bit too seriously. Caz360 I apologise for posting on your thread tbh..... I didn't mean any offence and didn't mean to start this off. If you like the mod then that's all that really matters regardless of whether people like me see the point or not.

I'm afraid I take everything seriously Maxi; no not everything, but I can see that I must've seemed, no, really been, a bit hard slating the kid over a grab handle, nevertheless I was piqued.

I hope this new handle works well for him, if he ever uses the bloody thing, and I suppose I should be delighted that the 500 thread should include such items of absolute trivia. In fact this demonstrates that the 500 is a damn fine car, when all anyone can find to complain about is grab handle that nobody uses anyway. And that sounds snotty too, doesn't it.

Can't help myself you see, anyway, I'm sure it's got a beautiful new grab handle and I'm sure we all feel absolutely wonderful about it. No, it doesn't matter how hard I try does it, I can't get the cynicism out of myself.

Sorry Caz, well done, and keep on looking for improvements to the 500, Fiat needs all the help it can get.

See, still sounds sarky doesn't it, and it isn't meant to be.

Ulpian I think you'll find this is exactly the type of thing this forum is for. An owner enthusiastic about their car makes a mod that by their opinion is an improvement over what Fiat originally did.
Then via this forum spreads the word, incase it is something that interests other owners of the same car.

I do wonder why you even bother coming in this section sometimes. :confused:

I do wonder why you even bother coming in this section sometimes.

As I said earlier.
And sometimes I just like looking into the kiddies section.

Before the 500 - which is a car by the way, not a lifestyle extension - was released, the Forum was a brighter, more intelligent place, now there is a mess of fluffy silliness, and the 500 section is the essence of it. It piques me. But until Fiat introduces some new cars and spreads the new technology I suppose I will have to read about improved grab handles and what girlies name their bloody cars.

Hey-ho.

As I said earlier.
And sometimes I just like looking into the kiddies section.

Before the 500 - which is a car by the way, not a lifestyle extension - was released, the Forum was a brighter, more intelligent place, now there is a mess of fluffy silliness, and the 500 section is the essence of it. It piques me. But until Fiat introduces some new cars and spreads the new technology I suppose I will have to read about improved grab handles and what girlies name their bloody cars.

Hey-ho.
Why the need to slag off people who name their cars? Personally it's not my thing and I find it a tad silly, but each to his/her own? Life goes on and if that means a winter tyre thread for me, a detailing thread for someone else and a grab handle thread for caz then you'll just have to deal with it and be polite?

I agree; but talk of politeness - from you!?

Anyway, I've had enough of this trivia, so i won't be bothering with the Forum any more.

Anyway, I've had enough of this trivia, so i won't be bothering with the Forum any more.
Don't worry, you will be back - you won't be able to help yourself ;)

It is such a pity that people on the 'net get to you so much - sometimes it is easier to step away from the computer if you can't hack it. :)

Looking at your last few posts, it seems to me you get yourself in a state over basically 'nothing'. It is a forum for everyone, not just the people you approve of.

As for Maxi - that is just his way, some people like it, some people hate it - but he tends to speak how he feels without getting overly aggressive or abusive [most of the time :p]

Grab handles, and what they are made of, is not an appropriate topic for the Fiat forum

I can assure you it is. It's a valid topic for discussion and it's a nice little mod if anyone wants to do it. The grab handle is VERY useful for me and this is a mod I would seriously consider doing. Nice one Caz (y)

Back