Technical Door handle

Currently reading:
Technical Door handle

d4zzl3r

My passenger side door handle is broken at the front hinge part, is it easy to fix?

Hello - update.

I got a replacement hinge on FleaBay (£4.96) and i followed a YouTube video. Took the door card off easily enough but it was a bit fiddly getting the handle out. Thing is the video didn't show how to remove the connecting rod so i just pulled and pulled and it came free from the top but i think i broke a plastic tab on the white 'rod-holding-thingy'. The bottom black 'rod-holding-thingy' is ok.
I got the new hinge fitted ok and after a few goes fitting and removing the handle it appears much easier to wiggle in and out if you hold the handle in the open position.

Anyway now today the rod has dropped off from the top white connection i guess because the handle operates but the door doesn't open. So it looks like i'm taking the door card off again.

Is it possible to buy the white connecting thingy do you know?
And tips for taking the rod out (for next time)? Is there a connecting rod removal procedure?

No tools -the rod goes into the hole in the plastic bush( white thingy!) which then you rotate and clip the end tangs over the rod itself which locks it in place so it dont drop out when you operate the handle like you are now experiencing!.
Dont know if you can buy the little bush seperately might be worth ringing a Fiat dealers parts department to find out! if they do sell em you can bet you have to buy a packet of 10 or the like doubt they sell them individually! try an e- bay search as well!.

When putting back together go SLOW have a good torch to hand so you can see properly inside the door card and dont rush think it through and you will be ok look at the bush before you re-fit it and you will see how it works with the tangs horizontal and the hole for the rod vertical!
good luck!
ps there is a seller on e-bay DG RALLY who sells a set of 4 clips two white/ two blue -that fit alfas and fiats for around £6 inc postage
I searched FIAT 500 WHITE DOOR ROD CLIPS and it came up!

Last edited:
No tools -the rod goes into the hole in the plastic bush( white thingy!) which then you rotate and clip the end tangs over the rod itself which locks it in place so it dont drop out when you operate the handle like you are now experiencing!.
Dont know if you can buy the little bush seperately might be worth ringing a Fiat dealers parts department to find out! if they do sell em you can bet you have to buy a packet of 10 or the like doubt they sell them individually! try an e- bay search as well!.

When putting back together go SLOW have a good torch to hand so you can see properly inside the door card and dont rush think it through and you will be ok look at the bush before you re-fit it and you will see how it works with the tangs horizontal and the hole for the rod vertical!
good luck!
ps there is a seller on e-bay DG RALLY who sells a set of 4 clips two white/ two blue -that fit alfas and fiats for around £6 inc postage
I searched FIAT 500 WHITE DOOR ROD CLIPS and it came up!
Thank you so much.

If it's just the hinge then you can change it without undoing all the back bit of the handle.

If anyone else needs (i found the link to this company in another post) i found these:

Top bush

Bottom bush

I'll post how i get on fitting them (hope i've ordered the correct one).

Back