General Inner boot handle

Currently reading:
General Inner boot handle

If anyone is annoyed about the cheap and nasty boot handle on the inside of the 500, I have found an alternative.

On going to various car shows I noticed that the MITO has the same design but in a leather effect.

Down to Alfa I went and got one for under a tenner! and 2 minutes to fit!(y)

can post pics if anyone wants them.

Last edited:
If anyone is annoyed about the cheap and nasty boot handle on the inside of the 500, I have found an alternative.

On going to various car shows I noticed that the MITO has the same design but in a leather effect.

Down to Alfa I went and got one for under a tenner! and 2 minutes to fit!(y)

can post pics if anyone wants them.

Why? The one in the car does the job. If you're going to replace the boot pull you'll want to replace the crappy plastic on the dashboard, get the seatbacks carpetted and so many other things.

That sounds like a great idea to me. I would like to see photos of both parts.

Maxi is just grumpy because he is too short to reach the handle :p
I reach the handle just fine :p Perhaps I just don't spend hours looking at it.

Thumper, I'll wager I've had a worse day than you :p The highlight of my day was seeing a man throwing up on my drive to work, that tells you how great it was :p

I reach the handle just fine :p Perhaps I just don't spend hours looking at it.

Thumper, I'll wager I've had a worse day than you :p The highlight of my day was seeing a man throwing up on my drive to work, that tells you how great it was :p

Maybe Thumper was the one throwing up?

Jeez. Drive through Norwich on a Saturday night and see a scene from the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust. Boys and - mostly:eek: - girls sprawled in the gutters and doorways, vomiting, bleeding and lying in the filth of their own making; food and drink debris only being part of it: yeuch:yuck:. Blue flashing slights and sirens omnipresent, and ambulances in a row picking up this human? rabble and carting them off the A&E, where doubtless they'll get treated for free and then taxied back home - for free!

And half the bins in the city upturned and the refuse scattered to the wind.

Bad days, bad nights; and vile vile people: all the time.

Who cares about a boot strap when the world is disintegrating?

of all the things needing improving on the 500 this is at the bottom of the list IMO but if it pleases you then nice one (y)

The Cinq Sporting has the best boot handle ever IMO being formed of the inner skin metal

Last edited:
Does anyone actually use these things?

I would neither the Marea or 126 have one.
So the 126 rear lid if always getting covered in oily finger prints.and my hand is always getting grimey from the Marea boot.

Also what's wrong with everyone? You'd think everyone had had their homes washed away in a flood or your an American posted next to the church intending to burn copies of the koran.

just some pics for you all to decide!

I did it becasuse the fabric one never made a loop on mine, and this one does so i find it easier.

Just personal preference.

Attachments

• 07092010083.jpg
    07092010083.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 39
  • 07092010084.jpg
    07092010084.jpg
    900.5 KB · Views: 42
I think it is fantastic that a lump of metal and plastic can inspire such devotion that Caz has done this. I would not myself, but I cherish the fact that Caz has.

In fact, I would like to hear what is the most extreme example of 500 devotion is...?

I don't cherish anything about cars, bit I like Fiats. Just stop being so bloody pathetic and close the tailgate like normal people, by pulling down on the lid. Grab handles, and what they are made of, is not an appropriate topic for the Fiat forum, which was intended for real people driving real cars: not woosy wimpy things driving designer handbags and worrying themselves to distraction over what bloody color to choose for their bloody steering wheel, and the rest of the stupid girly crap that keeps trolling up here! :yuck::eek::mad::D

Pissed, but cross.

I do on my cinq, but use the handle coz i dont want dirty hands!
sorry I even put this topic on the forum.
maybe I should talk about when I took the little beast through germany at 105mph
then back the same way!

I don't cherish anything about cars, bit I like Fiats. Just stop being so bloody pathetic and close the tailgate like normal people, by pulling down on the lid. Grab handles, and what they are made of, is not an appropriate topic for the Fiat forum, which was intended for real people driving real cars: not woosy wimpy things driving designer handbags and worrying themselves to distraction over what bloody color to choose for their bloody steering wheel, and the rest of the stupid girly crap that keeps trolling up here! :yuck::eek::mad::D

Pissed, but cross.
Lets not go overboard.....

I'm not one of these people who nicknames their car fifitrixibellefartpowerthethird or something silly.... but little features like a grab handle do make it easier for shorter people to close the boot (not a problem I have) and do tend to keep your hands cleaner and when the boot is dirty you don't get hand marks on it.

Personally I find replacing a perfectly good and decent grabhandle which hardly anyone will ever see slightly pointless but if someone wants to do it then good luck to them.

Sometimes I can't quite understand why you're here on the 500 forum Ulpian?

I have a Panda and the handle is rubbish :(. It was better on my Seicento. The real problem I have though is gripping it. I will often slip out of my hands unless I put my fingers through the loop. I'm not sure whether it's worth paying for a Mito one (unless the original one breaks).

I always use the handle! It avoids damaging the paintwork and getting your hands dirty.

I only replaced it because the alfa one made a loop, and it was easier.

If it was made of the oe stuff and made a loop I would have changed it.

Also the Oe one slipped put of my hands too.

Last edited:
Back