General Leaky boot

Currently reading:
General Leaky boot

Now will look to see if I can fix the gap from the outside. Maybe clean the area and try a sealant.
See if this works 🫣. Well cleaned and resealed with the round plate reset in sealant after rust treatment.
PXL_20231221_151150072.jpg

Cost is always dependent on the results id say! your right £275 can be a big find these days but if it solves your problem and gives you back piece of mind by removing the worry then its well spent!. (y) If however nothings found or various fixes that dont work are tried! then it will ramp up you distress out of all proportion!😔 I really hope that they locate and solve the issues for you! as i know all to well the feeling of having a (to you at least) fault you can not solve chasing you around and filling your thoughts all the time so as you cant think of anything else!😩 best of luck !

For water to be comming from that seam surely it must have been getting under the metal somewhere else to leak out there?

Probably the roof railer seam as that a straight shot to that seam?
Sorry I don't understand your first question.
Neither roof troughs was or is leaking.
If a significant amount of water is poured into the trough the outfall at the tail is a bit of a surge. Noted that the panel seal on the passenger side is visually in better condition. Also tested in the same way and no leaking.
Guessing is one thing. Fact is dry after sealing.
Maybe tomorrow🌧️😞.
I will update here if there's a change 👍.

Sorry I don't understand your first question.
Neither roof troughs was or is leaking.
If a significant amount of water is poured into the trough the outfall at the tail is a bit of a surge. Noted that the panel seal on the passenger side is visually in better condition. Also tested in the same way and no leaking.
Guessing is one thing. Fact is dry after sealing.
Maybe tomorrow🌧️😞.
I will update here if there's a change 👍.
Perhaps it's the picture but it looks like the corner off the bot where you said it leaking from is the seam of two panels

And the top part which is at the boot end of the roof rail area is where the water is coming from

I assume you ment it was coming from behind the upper panel
So I assume the after was getting behind the upper layer of metal and then exiting on that seam and getting into the boot?

Maybe I've just picked it up wrongly?

Perhaps it's the picture but it looks like the corner off the bot where you said it leaking from is the seam of two panels

And the top part which is at the boot end of the roof rail area is where the water is coming from

I assume you ment it was coming from behind the upper panel
So I assume the after was getting behind the upper layer of metal and then exiting on that seam and getting into the boot?

Maybe I've just picked it up wrongly?
If I could have identified an exact point, I would have sealed that point only. Can't help anymore.

Back