Technical Boot lid opening

Currently reading:
Technical Boot lid opening

vale of uscon

All,

My girlfriend has a 500 convertible and the boot will not open either using the switch or the button on the key fob.
We have tried re-setting the boot just in case it thinks the roof is down.
Although we think we got the sequence right.
Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?
How do you open the boot otherwise. Is their a release cable somewhere?
Thanks
Simon

You can open the boot from inside, there is a little lever at the lock. Main culprit is the cables running from body to boot lid, they tend to break not only on fixed head cars.

Here;
DSC_0086[1].jpg

Thanks folks we’ll give it a try and see if the cable is the culprit.
Regards
Simon

All,

My girlfriend has a 500 convertible and the boot will not open either using the switch or the button on the key fob.
We have tried re-setting the boot just in case it thinks the roof is down.
Although we think we got the sequence right.
Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?
How do you open the boot otherwise. Is their a release cable somewhere?
Thanks
Simon
Had this a couple of times with ours…the relearn process doesn’t seem quite right..but I never remember it when doing it anyway.
one other thing that I’ve had success with…. And again i can’t remember exactly but…
lock the car with the key, not the remote but the actual key in the lock. leave it. Open the car with the key, again in the lock…..start car let it run, turn off car, try boot.

Hope that helps.

Well fixed it if sorts.
Loose connection at the junction / connection of the boot wiring into the main loom under the rear parcel shelf.
So now the boot opens off the key, but not off the boot switch in the number plate cowling.
I guess that’s a faulty wire. Odd though as both number plate lights work.
Oh well keep trying.

Well fixed it if sorts.
Loose connection at the junction / connection of the boot wiring into the main loom under the rear parcel shelf.
So now the boot opens off the key, but not off the boot switch in the number plate cowling.
I guess that’s a faulty wire. Odd though as both number plate lights work.
Oh well keep trying.
Remove the whole silver section lubricate the( release handle/switch ) hinge cleaning out any dirt too our 14 year old car release works perfectly have had it off twice in that time for cleaning/oiling

John,
That’s a point a bit of switch maintenance never hurts, even with these cheap jack micro switches

Thanks.
Simon

John,
That’s a point a bit of switch maintenance never hurts, even with these cheap jack micro switches

Thanks.
Simon
It's not the micro switch, it's the handle hinge pins that rust plus lots of dirt stopping the handle moving its full stroke( and a weak spring), ours hardly moved but still worked, had to sort the boot lights(internal to handle unit issue) oiled and operated the handle whilst apart, it moves far more than previously now.

Back