General Boot help

Currently reading:
General Boot help

pugmum

Hi I’m hoping someone on here can help me.

I purchased a secondhand fiat 500 dolcevita (2022) in November. Checked it all over, it had a service etc all fine. When I got it home I realised that the boot looked odd and basically under the carpet there was nothing where there should be a spare wheel or insert. Back to the dealers I went and they assured me they would order the part and get it sorted.

I’ve literally been chasing them since. Finally been told that they no longer sell new fiats or parts so can’t sort this. Not their problem etc etc. They’ve told me I just need to look online and order “a polystyrene insert thing for the boot”. I have no idea what the heck I need to order or even if that’s what should be in there. Basically not their problem.

Has anyone got one of these cars and can tell me what should be in there? A wheel? Or just an insert? And if so what it’s called!

Thank you

Something like this?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
They have told me it won’t have a wheel, just a polystyrene insert? But I’m not sure if they are just fobbing me off.

Something like this?
You get the option when Ordered New from the factory of :

Skinny space saver wheel (and jack?)

OR

A can of goo and a pump.. In a Blown Polystyrene case

@pugmum
Personally now.. I would look for a
wheel,

Likely to be as cheap as a Polystyrene blob, And a lot more useful if you hit a pothole

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yeah apparently the dealership can only sell used cars now but not order any parts in for them. Which somehow doesn’t quite make sense. It’s more the fact they can’t even say exactly what I need, all the dealer said was “I’m not going to pay for it out of my own pocket am I?”…no but clearly I’m going to have to!!

(They also sold me the car with a 3 year service plan with them, and now no longer do servicing!)

Yeah apparently the dealership can only sell used cars now but not order any parts in for them. Which somehow doesn’t quite make sense. It’s more the fact they can’t even say exactly what I need, all the dealer said was “I’m not going to pay for it out of my own pocket am I?”…no but clearly I’m going to have to!!

(They also sold me the car with a 3 year service plan with them, and now no longer do servicing!)

I think you want some legal advice..

As that's a product they have failed to supply, but have charged you anyway..

I agree they should refund you the cost of the service plan that they can no longer supply! if they sold you that whilst knowing that they would not be in a position to provide it THATS FRAUD!! which i believe is illegal!.

Back