Technical Correct spark plugs for 1.1 - 2006

Currently reading:
Technical Correct spark plugs for 1.1 - 2006

both

but its easier from the back as you don't have to hear it over the sound of the belts valves and so on.

Video starts with muffler pipe which is bent because I've been hit from the back a few months ago. That's the reason for slightly shaking the muffler.

For detonations you will need to take a headset and listen to it carefully.

https://vimeo.com/437951140

well I thought this was going to be easy

But I hear a hole at the front and loose baffle. Its just too noisy to be sure of anything else.

is the front flex joint torn ?

well I thought this was going to be easy

But I hear a hole at the front and loose baffle. Its just too noisy to be sure of anything else.

is the front flex joint torn ?

Do you refer to this one?

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 19
Damage at the flex joint will cause poor fueling because it lets in air and upsets the O2 sensor readings.

I remember when mechanic told me a year and a half ago that flex joint is slightly damaged and asked me if I hear something like a misfire. I told him that I do sometimes and he said: "It may last 10k, 20k, 30k miles more, we don't know when it will break down. Once it gets worse, come to us and we will sort it out".

If that is the reason I would be very happy :D

Last edited:
yes its quite common for the flex to fail

put you hand over the exhaust. The pressure should build up. I suspect it will be leaking at the front somewhere

I changed the flex but nothing happened.

Instead, now another strange problem appeared.

Car has less power both on uphill and flat running, and loses power sometimes, but after driving it on higher revs it restores the power and works like a charm. Then after a few minutes driving, same thing happens again: loses power, then getting it back.

Muffler, exhaust system clogged, bad fuel? Maybe to clean the fuel tank?

Fill the tank (from near empty) with posh petrol (Shell Optimax) and go for a long fast drive. That will clear out the fuel system from end to end including catalyst and exhaust. You wont hurt the engine by revving it right through the range. Just get it warmed up first.

Intermittent changes in engine power are usually electrical - coils etc. But with modern cars (electronic throttles, etc) its hard to know without data-logging etc via MutiECUscan.

Last edited:
Back