Amazing Insurance Glitch (comparethemarket)

Currently reading:
Amazing Insurance Glitch (comparethemarket)

However.... if you check the policy - the braided brake hoses are NOT listed as a modification ( both online and on the paper docs) which would be a nightmare if you actually did have them. so it seems the glitch also prevents this mod being actually added to the policy - very odd.

And tim - yes they can cancel it, they will give you 7 days notice tho and a pro rata refund ( and yes - i have read the small print)

Last edited:
However.... if you check the policy - the braided brake hoses are NOT listed as a modification ( both online and on the paper docs) which would be a nightmare if you actually did have them. so it seems the glitch also prevents this mod being actually added to the policy - very odd.

And tim - yes they can cancel it, they will give you 7 days notice tho and a pro rata refund ( and yes - i have read the small print)

Yes I thought it would be odd not having it in the small print.

Have you bought the policy aswell?

When people have found glitches on websites before and bought something like a plasma screen for £10.00 instead of £1000, I'm sure the companies have wriggled out as the price on display is seen as an 'invitation to treat'.
In this case, because everything is done online (to save money), you enter details, pay cash & the system generates the policy - I reckon that as soon as a real person discovers the glitch, they'll have letters in the post cancelling all the policies.
If these letters were put in the post Friday, you could find yourselves driving uninsured for the weekend - or they may allow you a few days' grace & refund you pro-rata.
And they'll probably use the excuse of a malicious hacker...

Back