Amazing Insurance Glitch (comparethemarket)

Currently reading:
Amazing Insurance Glitch (comparethemarket)

So youve actualy bought it, how much you end up paying dude?
the pay monthly policy is 8months and gives you 1yrs no claims

Erm 183 but im paying monthly so its 9 months of 19 and 52 deposit. Plus direct debit costs, its about 23 pounds for 9 months :D

I have 1 years no claims already, effectively ive lost 6 months no claims but its worth it for the diference + alloys on the policy where direct line wouldnt let me :D

When i cancel my old policy im guna get 400 back so im up over 200 :p and my old policy had about 6 months remaing

Last edited:
That's one hell of a glitch. I've just asked for a quote, max no claims (never made a claim) and it came back as £183 fully comp with the braided hoses.
Removed the braided hoses and their quote came back as £288 - over £100 difference, and Swinton quoted me £155 without the braided hoses and over £200 with.

Note also the small print..."Your quote has been based on a number of assumptions. Please check your details with eCar insurance before purchasing. "
Those who have bought, did you check with ecar first?

That's one hell of a glitch. I've just asked for a quote, max no claims (never made a claim) and it came back as £183 fully comp with the braided hoses.
Removed the braided hoses and their quote came back as £288 - over £100 difference, and Swinton quoted me £155 without the braided hoses and over £200 with.

Note also the small print..."Your quote has been based on a number of assumptions. Please check your details with eCar insurance before purchasing. "
Those who have bought, did you check with ecar first?

The assupmtions they make are then clarified when you go through to actually purchase the policy from ecar themselves. - they have to point out this because the comparison sites are asking alot of general questions in order to give you the quote - which could well change when you fill out more details on the real insurers website.
Ive had a good read through the key facts and other policy documention - they do have the right to cancel it (as do you) but with notice ofc.

Pointless they can just generate a massive report of a list of policys that have been started using the glitch (search by modifications) then cancel the policies which they can do at any time with 14days notice or what ever it is in the small print.

7. and yes of course they can, but no loss if they do. :)

Pointless they can just generate a massive report of a list of policys that have been started using the glitch (search by modifications) then cancel the policies which they can do at any time with 14days notice or what ever it is in the small print.

they cant search like that dude. they have to look at each account specifically

they cant search like that dude. they have to look at each account specifically

The data is stored on a database of course they can search a database and report on "mod type braided brake hoses". Example SQL query would be:-

SELECT * from ecar_customers_policy where mod_type = "braided brake hoses"

Boom instant list of people with that mod and a letter of them saying they canceled your policy if they have reason to believe its not a genuine amount charged. Im not saying any old muppet on the phones can do it but their IT bods can and already have probably.

As of today (when I tried it out) the bug is fixed anyway.

They can cancel it any time they want WITHOUT any reason with a notice period agreed in terms and conditions. Check your policy booklet and small print before talking nonsense.
that what i just said i have read it all and no where do they state there right to cancel the policy only way is if you lied to them

Last edited:
i have it on paper that they cant cancel my policy unless i have lied to them so as long as you have braided brake hoses they cant cancel it:slayer:
:D:D:D
They can do what the heck they like, when they like.
Insurance companies are God. They will refuse to pay out on a claim if they find the smallest detail doesn't seem right.
You can go all year thinking you are insured but there have been drivers find out (by chance) that the insurance cancelled the contract.

:D:D:D
They can do what the heck they like, when they like.
Insurance companies are God. They will refuse to pay out on a claim if they find the smallest detail doesn't seem right.
You can go all year thinking you are insured but there have been drivers find out (by chance) that the insurance cancelled the contract.
they cant do what they wont i have the contract in front of me if they cancel it they are braking it so i well take them to court

they cant do what they wont i have the contract in front of me if they cancel it they are braking it so i well take them to court

And you will loose because they have X million £'s a year budget for legal purposes you have..... Best case scenario is you get your money back.

You stand a better chance if you get braided brake hoses though as at the moment your insurance is invalid if you don't have them.

Last edited:
Back