Amazing Insurance Glitch (comparethemarket)

Currently reading:
Amazing Insurance Glitch (comparethemarket)

whoa, hang on there just one minute partner- is it wiser to have tried and lost nothing, with the potential of great gain.
Or to have passed at oppertunity, to have not had the will or lacked the effort to chance at a lucky break?

;)

no, not to me, i'm getting to the point where i really can't be bothered with hassle like this anymore, wasn't for me, what about the people who fitted the brakes too?

no, not to me, i'm getting to the point where i really can't be bothered with hassle like this anymore, wasn't for me, what about the people who fitted the brakes too?

well thats your perogative to pass up opportunity - but you cannot tar it as being unwise!

and if you had read the thread you will see it has been pointed out the fitting the brake pipes did not have to be done as the glitch extended to not having this mod actually listed.... i feel like im repeating myself now....

well thats your perogative to pass up opportunity - but you cannot tar it as being unwise!

and if you had read the thread you will see it has been pointed out the fitting the brake pipes did not have to be done as the glitch extended to not having this mod actually listed.... i feel like im repeating myself now....

i have read it and i know this, but a 17 year old and a 2.0 vectra sri insured for £150 is bound to be asked how and i'd guess they'd look into it.

like i said, too much hassle for me

It is true that if anyone went out and bought a car that they would never tbe able to insure and thought this glitch had the potential to last has been very foolish, However , i have yet to meet any one quite this foolish.

Last edited:
It is true that if anyone went out and bought a car that they would never tbe able to insure and thought this glitch had the potential to last has been very foolish, However , i have yet to meet any one quite this foolish.

I personally know one person that foolish. It got him a a few points and a fine for no insurance as he couldnt be arsed opening his post too :rolleyes:

Its pro rata - so if like me you had the policy for 16 days, you'l be deducted £6.50 (ish) from the full payment. They will return the money to the card that paid for it, when you return the docs ;)

Last edited:
Well there is probably some law around saying that they have to honour their agreement as the price you paid. Obviously they will try and cancel the policies but phone them up armed with a bit of legal ammo and you may just come out on top (y)

Well there is probably some law around saying that they have to honour their agreement as the price you paid. Obviously they will try and cancel the policies but phone them up armed with a bit of legal ammo and you may just come out on top (y)

I very much doubt it tbh its in the terms and conditions and small print usually at size 3 point in a 10page booklet. They can cancel for any reason weither that be taking advantage of a website glitch or quiring points on your license and not informing them as long as its with the agreed notice. In this case 7 days!. I think its quite naive that any one would believe these would be good for a whole year especially from an "ecompany" which put all their emphasis and resources into "IT", its obvious all they will do is generate a report and cancel every one of them when the prices don't match up.

But like Alainax said it was worth a try!.

Last edited:
Back