Air Guns

Currently reading:
Air Guns

So lets talk guns!

Never owned one my self but my grandad had one which we have inherited and my brother has a AA S400 which is polished and chromed with a custom stock.

Used both regularly in the garden with different targets and got quite good with it. Went out toe AirgunBuyer the other day to get his charged etc and came back with a my own. Was gutted, cost me a fair whack lol.

Picked up my self a BSA Ultra Tactical Multishot (10 Shot) with an AGS 3-9x50 Mil Dot Reticle and Silencer. Spent all weekend setting up the scope and running backwards and forwards to the gun shop to get it recharged. But all the effort payed of last night when i used it to do a bit of cleaning up at a mates uncles. Got 7 Rabbits at dusk, all headshots which isnt bad for my first time :D.

Trying to get my self a divers cylinder atm of ebay, alot cheaper than buying one new!

Anyone else got one? do you use it to hunt?

Jon

I have one, use mine to hunt with, go out lamping quite a lot! I'll post a pic of mine later, I have a divers tank.

Rar - that looks awesome.

Bit of a pain if you always need to go back to a shop to refill though, can't you get something to do it at home?

As i stated im trying to get hold of a divers cylinder cheap to refil my self. If i get a 7ltr i can get 25/30 refills on my fun :D. Although ive seen a nice 15 ltr for sale ;)

I have one, use mine to hunt with, go out lamping quite a lot! I'll post a pic of mine later, I have a divers tank.

Do you just do rabbits? in the process of deciding which lamping kit to get my self. Gonna be an expensive hobby lol. Any tips on divers tank? im looking at them on ebay atm.

My mate used to go lamping with a greyhound and a lurcher - far more effective.

Nope thats called Hare Coursing and is illegal in the UK!

As above illegal and alot less fun. Why let the dog have all the enjoyment!(n)

Ill get some pics of the guns later, probs best not putting the quarry pics up am i?

Rabbits, pigeons, magpies, genreally anything thats on the pest list and shows itself. My divers tank is fairly old (and its 15 litres). You just need to make sure that you have the right attachment for your rifle. Also make sure you take a rounders bat or similar with you, just in case! How much did you pay for your rifle?

I wouldn't put pictures of your quarry on here, might offend some people!

Rabbits, pigeons, magpies, genreally anything thats on the pest list and shows itself. My divers tank is fairly old (and its 15 litres). You just need to make sure that you have the right attachment for your rifle. Also make sure you take a rounders bat or similar with you, just in case! How much did you pay for your rifle?

I wouldn't put pictures of your quarry on here, might offend some people!

What bar are you running in your tank? my guns a 220 bar cylinder but most divers seem to be 300 that are sold for guns?

Rounders bat? why? i got my riggers or my knife ;) unless your on about it for something else? lol

Payed £395 (second hand but in very good con.). Forgot to mention its a .177!

Not to sure tbh, it came with the gun. I got mine second hand too, has a 250 bar cylinder, mines a .22.

Yeah I tend to have a knife but the rounders bat is fairly quick, just make sure you hit hard! Nice one getting all headshots by the way! What range did you get them at?

If I go out with my mate, we take proper rifles and a shot gun :p and he has 2 lamps wire onto his trucks battery!

Got 7 Rabbits at dusk, all headshots which isnt bad for my first

Dave is going to ban you for that ;) :eek:

Can i just remind everyone that anyone discussing illegal gun modifications and the like will have them removed unless you have a FAC its illegal to take an air rifle over 12ft lbs

Herpsuk can you not get a stirrup pump to charge your gun? eg http://www.airriflepump.com/acatalog/Air_Rifle_Pump_2128-005.html

this is a good websites if your starting out

http://www.basc.org.uk/en/shooting/airgunning/index.cfm

http://www.airgunshooting.co.uk/basa.aspx

they do membership which includes 3rd party liability insurance which is a good idea

Last edited:
Don't worry Andy, nothing illegal here! I have one for my air rifle, my partners dad has a farm. And the guy I go out with know again has FAC for all his, he has about 10 people who let him shoot on their land (about 1000 acres)!

Hare coursing is illegal, but its entirely different and never done with greyhounds.

Lamping for rabbits on private land as a means of controlling vermin is still allowed. A gun is required to finish them off but its never needed. A dog at best part of 50mph can do a lot of damage.

Last edited:
Hare coursing is illegal, but its entirely different and never done with greyhounds.

Lamping for rabbits on private land as a means of controlling vermin is still allowed.

My best mate from school has an old family friend who's well into retirement. Last week the old pal came over with his gun. Only a perfect condition poachers shotgun (folds in half so fits into a small space)!!

But the old twit has no a gun licence. He's had the gun since the 1960s & sees no reason to get a licence. He's been told to take it apart and store the bits safely but does he do that?

He was sent home immediately & drove off with it wrapped in paper on the front passenger seat. Some folks wont be told.
:yeahthat: I used to know a bloke who actually held a firearms licence & he was quite proud of his small collection (including said poachers rifle). My main concern was that he was a total p1sshead. I don't think I ever met him whilst he was sober & when last I saw him, he had just got a divorce from his 3rd wife - same reason each time - when he was drunk, he was violent!

As all this is noted on the divorce papers, how on earth he ever kept a hold of his licence to bear arms was beyond belief.
How on earth he ever held onto his HGV was a miracle (he used to drive tankers of liquid oxygen).

FAC are getting more difficult to obtain these days. I know some-one who shop lifted as a kid, 15 years later he applies for an FAC and got declined due to it!

Even with a legal air rifle i have had at least 8 visits from the police as someone who overlooks out garden has taken a dislike to me controlling the local gray tree rat population, I have had visits from those officers who do know the law inside out I have read up on it too (great) and those that haven't a clue and have been threatened with Arrest, asbos, gun confiscation, et all unfortunately its very easy to make the officer look a total clueless idiot in this instance :D ....

I does pay to have copies of the current law handy so you can prove in writing you are legal.

What like a copy of this in your gun slip :D
DSCF3030.JPG

strangely the copper who didn't know the law didnt want to read it when i pulled her up on her understanding of the law...... :confused:

i loved shooting :) never shot at anything living though just paper targets. ive got a fairly good range of weapons ive shot though
L98A1 cadet general purpose rifle 5.56 caliber this is a single shot version of the SA80 for cadet
the L98A2 5.56
the LSW fully automatic 5.56 ( that was a beast)
L81A2 target rifle 7.62
.22 rifle
and an air rifle .
i did this all in army cadets and it was an amazing i would love an air rifle now

Back