Air Guns

Currently reading:
Air Guns

i had mine taken away and destroyed by the police :( used to fire it down the long hallway, as someone had seen it..how on a 2nd floor of a flat :confused:

never got it back tho

Ash

by the sounds of that you was using it in a "public place" They are not toys and have sadly lead to a few accidental deaths which the press jump on every time..... resulting in stricter enforcement and the anti gun lobby pressing for more control on ownership and usage

here are the upto date amendments to the law that came in with the violent crimes reduction in 2006-07
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2007/2180/pdfs/uksi_20072180_en.pdf

3647047811_18f065857a_z.jpg

here is mine its a Cometa (spanish brand) 300 .22 with a output chronoed at 11.45 ft lbs with a walther 3-9x 56mm iluminated scope and a cheap ebay laser which i use for range checking and subsequent adjustment

living in a rural ish area i have 3 shoots that i can use, (2 mates are from farming familys) the large objective lens is handy in farm barns where the lighting is often poor even in day light

Last edited:
i loved shooting :) never shot at anything living though just paper targets. ive got a fairly good range of weapons ive shot though
L98A1 cadet general purpose rifle 5.56 caliber this is a single shot version of the SA80 for cadet
the L98A2 5.56
the LSW fully automatic 5.56 ( that was a beast)
L81A2 target rifle 7.62
.22 rifle
and an air rifle .
i did this all in army cadets and it was an amazing i would love an air rifle now

My daughter was scary good with the above at Air Cadets.

can anyone recommend one to deal with crows and pigeons am fed up looking for air rifle cos theres loads and gun licence bit involved andys looks good but nfi me

can anyone recommend one to deal with crows and pigeons am fed up looking for air rifle cos theres loads and gun licence bit involved andys looks good but nfi me

mine works well enough

http://www.aberdeenfieldsports.com/shop/products.asp?item=375

loads of other shops sell it parts can be got fairly easy too (had to replace the main spring when it broke and the trigger mechanism had worn to replaced those myself) (for spring replacement you need to chrono it afterwards to ensure its legal and not over power,,,,

i have this one

http://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/Accessories/Chronograph.htm

bare in mind this is one item you cant get mail order it HAS to be got through a licensed shop

baking powder sandwichs the pigeons will love them :D
they wise to bread products now been there now for a gun heh heh heh (type mad cackle) thanks for that andy no idea wot chrono is so wont bother with that what sort of killing range could i achieve as i only have to open back door n there off no hanging around

oh well unknown i just need one for vermin control honest :rolleyes: ps wots the diff tween 22 & 177? which is more lethal and if any one wants to help me contol vermin cool pm me though

Last edited:
Back to the point though .22 is bigger and we all know that bigger is better hence the reason I think you should buy a 50cal sniper :D

but you drive a sei :confused:
:p

my stepdad has an air rifle no idea what it is though and i don't have a clue why he got it tbh he got it to shoot two rates we had in the garden and i dont think iv seen him use it since :confused:

i might start takeing some sneaky shots up the garden while he is at work ;)

havent shot one in a while but i did win the district scout shooting contest :cool:

they wise to bread products now been there now for a gun heh heh heh (type mad cackle) thanks for that andy no idea wot chrono is so wont bother with that what sort of killing range could i achieve as i only have to open back door n there off no hanging around

A chrono is a device used to measure the "power" of the gun to ensure its legal

it is basicly a "box" with two light beams which are broken as the pellet flys through this gives the speed of the pellet in my case you enter the Grain (weight of the pellet) before firing and it does all the maths for you

http://www.pyramydair.com/site/articles/formulas/

Back