General 1.1 full race cams whats the point?

Currently reading:
General 1.1 full race cams whats the point?

I like to think of the Active as a Pure version of the Panda.;)

Only £30 now thats even better news, it beats the almost £200 I paid last year and plenty enough Eco for me.:D

lol i get loads of abuse on here about changing things, everyone thinks itll look crap. couldnt care less, its mine

Last edited:
Why would you want to let everyone know, you only have 70bhp? :p

Why would you advertise the fact that you only have 100hp? :p

Besides, why put an M badge on a base-spec Beemer or an AMG badge on a base-spec Merc when you thumb your nose at them and say "yeah, it's got 70HP, so what?"

Depending on your mode of transport, 70HP can be plenty, but the Panda has about twice as many wheels and is about 800kg too heavy for that to happen ;)

Why would you advertise the fact that you only have 100hp? :p

Besides, why put an M badge on a base-spec Beemer or an AMG badge on a base-spec Merc when you thumb your nose at them and say "yeah, it's got 70HP, so what?"

Depending on your mode of transport, 70HP can be plenty, but the Panda has about twice as many wheels and is about 800kg too heavy for that to happen ;)

Well it's the model name of the car, so it's not like I've stuck extra (tacky) badges on it. 70bhp is never enough. I know I've been unfortunate enough to own an MJ. Was dire IMO.

Well it's the model name of the car, so it's not like I've stuck extra (tacky) badges on it.

As I said, it's just a joke. I'm not really going to be sticking anything to my car, waste of money IMO ;)

70bhp is never enough. I know I've been unfortunate enough to own an MJ. Was dire IMO.
I do believe you've amused us all with The Case Of The Disappointing MJ once or twice before ;)

That said, even after having been for a few rides in a couple of touring cars and a Mercedes SLS AMG driven by a seasoned pro this weekend, my MJ still delivers quite adequate power for everything I need and like all Pandas, it's still hoot to drive around as long as there's no traffic around to make you realise how slow you're going ;)

Then again, I do get my speed fix elsewhere on vehicles with much much better power-to-weight ratios.

Last edited:
well we've just had long run in our 1.1 eco ... set off on a 58mile non motorway journey with the fuel gauge just touching the red... made it with a little to spare... !

On the way home we needed to make a little more time (next day, we'd stopped over night) and were zooming along the dual carriage way, slowed into a roundabout and as we came out started to catch a Toyota Celica GTfour which had obviously just gone through the same roundabout. As we gained distance on him he/she put their foot down (noticable from the slightly smokey dustbin sized exhaust as the back of the car dipped...) well he pulled away a bit... but not much right up to 70mph (national speed limit dual carriageway) .... then at the traffic lights I didn't want to cause a race by pulling up along side him.. so sat behind.. lights went and he crawled forward so we passed him and didn't see him again....!...
(note not racing, just making more progress than they were....)

To be honest if it was a proper GT4 running well you wouldnt have seen it for the dust. The GT4 is a very VERY quick car and accelerates rapidly.

I dont think a car can be called crap just because it doesnt have a lot of power. I like a lot of power as much as the next guy but its not always about how many horses you have. The Active is meant to be a cheap car to buy and run and it does that just fine. Its not meant to be a sports model and as such power and acceleration arent important. Despite this its still pretty quick around town. And once again its designed to be a city car and so its performance out of town is not a concern.

Last edited:
the only reasons people think a car is slow is because they have been in a car thats faster

a car is faster than walking but you dont hear people saying "i hate walking i can only do 1mph" after they have driven a car

i cant run to 60 my max speed is probably about 10-11mph for a couple of minutes.

the only reasons people think a car is slow is because they have been in a car thats faster

a car is faster than walking but you dont hear people saying "i hate walking i can only do 1mph" after they have driven a car

i cant run to 60 my max speed is probably about 10-11mph for a couple of minutes.

Well I have owned plenty of faster cars than the Active and to be honest, yes the Active is slow. However like I said that doesnt make it a crap car and terrible.

Nobody should buy an Active and then complain about how slow it is. They are buying a car that is built to be cheap to buy and run, not to be fast. If they have a problem with its performance than they have bought the wrong car. So thats a fault with the person buying the car not the car itself.

You wouldnt buy a Lambo and complain that you cant fit 5 in comfort inside and carry 10 bags of shopping. You wouldnt buy a people carrier and complain that it doesnt corner like a sports car. And you wouldnt complain that a Discovery is too high up lurges about when you corner it hard.

When I bought the Active I wasnt expecting a rocket ship. However it has surprised me at just how capable around town it is. I am chuffed to bits with the little Active its great. I am sure it will serve me well while I own it and more importantly save me loads of money.

Back