Yellow - FS Project Seicento 2

Currently reading:
Yellow - FS Project Seicento 2

Probably worthwhile taking a look at the oil and deciding if it needs changed before Yellow is next up on stands. Just a thought...

And speaking of thoughts...I have to get the ideas of bread crumbs and wicked witches out of my head

Martyn said:
Quick yellow update...engine was apparently running a bit better today but now brakes have seized. Typical of my luck at the minute :(

If it's just the handbrake, try and drive it. Like most when it seizes on, disengage it and the force of the wheel rotating usually frees the shoes off the drum.

If that fails, a few gentle hammer hits on the adjuster arms will do it. Can often free them with that and a liberal squirt of wd40.

Front brakes got tighter the longer I drove it, only got a mile up the road before it was struggling in even 1st and 2nd. I took the decision that it was best to ditch the car in a safe place and trailer it to Martyns tomorrow

Stuart said:
Front brakes got tighter the longer I drove it, only got a mile up the road before it was struggling in even 1st and 2nd. I took the decision that it was best to ditch the car in a safe place and trailer it to Martyns tomorrow

Again, cheers for the help so far mate - just properly gutted it failed on you today. Hey ho, **** happens eh!

Garage at the costa del Alford is ready to get Yellow in about for a (hopefully quick!) repair. Work are happy for me to use the track outwith hires etc for a spot of testing - all being good this could be Friday (maybe?!) with a view to a PM mot? Depending on time off/availability of drivers to get the car back up to Glass of course.

Damn, Bad luck. Sorry to hear that guys. Hopefully it is just the pads stuck on the sliders of the caliper. I have a caliper windback tool we can use to see if the pistons have seized.

Apologies for not being around to help much. My parents move is finally happening this week so i should have some time again soon.

Are the brakes still stuck on just now?

No, when it was cooled down they released a bit, but as soon as heat gets to them they will tighten up again.

TO confirm yellow started and moved in the driveway today. Haven't fired up for a couple of weeks so the new battery is working great.

Once the bike convention is out of the way I'll maybe see if we can get a fix it meet on the go to have a look & sort the breaks hten maybe investigate MOT again.

Which reminds me, I need to source a "cento handbrake" as it's going to be sitting on the slope for a couple of days until we remove the fence. Can't run the risk of it rolling onto the road especially as it's sorned lol

Might be an idea to remove the tax disc from it too as no doubt the neighbours will take a look and there's no point in giving them something to mither about

And imagine... all these men turning up at your door for fixing the car.... oh the chins will be wagging haha

When Mark and Daz came up here to help with the cars they stayed with me and were under instructions when we left in the morning to make it look as dodgy as possible - pulling up flies type thing. It was so early not a single neighbour was up to see us leave :(

Bloody typical of them all!

The quotation marks were there for a reason Andi :laugh:

I mean a large stone or brick in front of the rear wheels just in case although as the brakes are currently seized it's probably not the worry I think it is

Back