Project sharkbait

Currently reading:
Project sharkbait

Well I got pissed off at shark bait refusing to start and hold an idle so I took the sandpaper and machine to him and we'll the results speak for them selves

[attachment=3:xlppxf5b]IMG-20160423-WA0013.jpeg[/attachment:xlppxf5b]
[attachment=2:xlppxf5b]IMG-20160423-WA0011.jpeg[/attachment:xlppxf5b]
[attachment=1:xlppxf5b]IMG-20160423-WA0009.jpeg[/attachment:xlppxf5b]
[attachment=0:xlppxf5b]received_10207818544774987.jpeg[/attachment:xlppxf5b]

Attachments

• IMG-20160423-WA0013.jpeg
    IMG-20160423-WA0013.jpeg
    924.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG-20160423-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20160423-WA0011.jpeg
    988.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG-20160423-WA0009.jpeg
    IMG-20160423-WA0009.jpeg
    811.1 KB · Views: 85
  • received_10207818544774987.jpeg
    received_10207818544774987.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 104
Well all has being quite on the cinque front but got some stuff done bought a new exhaust from Germany for a whopping 47.50 posted for a complete mani back system so that has at least sorted the noise issue the next problem I have discovered is that both engine mounts and the gearbox mount is destroyed so they need replaced asap next thing is I have a backfire issue when left to idle but I believe that I just need to tighten up the throttle cable to solve the issue and last but not least I believe the water pump seal gave up on its 1 mile journey along the back road it lives so a new water pump will need to be sourced but it's saving grace to everything is that it starts first turn of the key everytime so I can't complain too much

For the record, The front engine/gearbox mount for a Cinq is often majorly, majorly difficult to come by and expensive (iirc £60 for that mount on its own), it's a totally different design to the sei (one of the few things that is). Mine was very tired and when i tried to take it off (to stiffen with tiger seal anyway), all the bolts snapped. Ended up having to just refurb the old mount with the aid of a dremel, paint, new bolts and tiger seal.

If you're going for all new mounts, i recommend firing up google translate and going on to Unto.pl. Postage is of course the big barrier BUT if you're ordering a few things, they tend to work out a lot cheaper because the cost of the items themselves are so much cheaper. For example i ordered a lot of things i couldn't get in the UK for the conversion, like new hoses, sensors, magnetti marelli leads and the likes and the entire order plus postage came in at £10 less than the cheapest i could get a decent aftermarket set of leads in the UK.

From memory of the translate, any sort of connector is translated as a tendon, and mounts are translated as pillows :lol: :laugh:

Well today I did some more work on sharkbait which included changing the front brakes of course it was all fun and games first off I couldn't get the locking wheel nut off once that was free I couldn't get the caliper pin out to flip the caliper up then I couldn't remove the caliper carrier so 1 large hammer later lots of swearing cuts and monster energy later I have 1 side done the other side will need to wait till I can get the locking wheel nut key loose from the locking wheel nut but all in a days work of fixing a fiat :lol: :lol:

[attachment=2:1bca6noi]IMAG0175.jpg[/attachment:1bca6noi]
[attachment=1:1bca6noi]IMAG0174.jpg[/attachment:1bca6noi]
[attachment=0:1bca6noi]IMAG0173.jpg[/attachment:1bca6noi]

Attachments

• IMAG0175.jpg
    IMAG0175.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0174.jpg
    IMAG0174.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 132
  • IMAG0173.jpg
    IMAG0173.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 110
Yeah so this happened today :lol: :lol: :lol:

[attachment=0:1hlxth7v]IMAG0279.jpg[/attachment:1hlxth7v][attachment=1:1hlxth7v]IMAG0278.jpg[/attachment:1hlxth7v]

Attachments

• IMAG0278.jpg
    IMAG0278.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
  • IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 83
Haha don't worry now there is more space I'm sure we could get more in lol

The plan now is to order the cage get that welded in and the floor welded then get the shell painted it's original imola blue including the cage or get the cage painted the same orange as the strips on the bumpers

Mrcento said:
For the record, The front engine/gearbox mount for a Cinq is often majorly, majorly difficult to come by and expensive (iirc £60 for that mount on its own), it's a totally different design to the sei (one of the few things that is). Mine was very tired and when i tried to take it off (to stiffen with tiger seal anyway), all the bolts snapped. Ended up having to just refurb the old mount with the aid of a dremel, paint, new bolts and tiger seal.

If you're going for all new mounts, i recommend firing up google translate and going on to Unto.pl. Postage is of course the big barrier BUT if you're ordering a few things, they tend to work out a lot cheaper because the cost of the items themselves are so much cheaper. For example i ordered a lot of things i couldn't get in the UK for the conversion, like new hoses, sensors, magnetti marelli leads and the likes and the entire order plus postage came in at £10 less than the cheapest i could get a decent aftermarket set of leads in the UK.

From memory of the translate, any sort of connector is translated as a tendon, and mounts are translated as pillows :lol: :laugh:

If you are needing mounts redone, give me a shout, I have a mate who can custom poly bush mounts. We did one on the polo as a test, it's passed with flying colours, and speaking of colours, he can do a range of different ones. As for price, I'm not sure but can give you his number (if he agrees) and yous can sort that out between yous.

That's good to know but that engine isn't staying as a much beefier one will be going in its place :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but I'm looking to fully Polly bush the whole car so his services may be of requirement lol

He needs an old one to make a mould of, but the new 'rubber' is mental strong, and funky colours too :)

Well I took the dash out the cento what an absolute pain in the backside it was what Italian designer thought it was a great idea to attach the wiring loom too the heater tubes and then make the wires so short you can't get a screwdriver in there too undo the world's smallest screws lots of swearing and cuts later though it's out and hopefully not going back in haha

[attachment=0:gd5w7y4j]IMAG0488.jpg[/attachment:gd5w7y4j]

[attachment=1:gd5w7y4j]IMAG0487.jpg[/attachment:gd5w7y4j]

Attachments

• IMAG0487.jpg
    IMAG0487.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0488.jpg
    IMAG0488.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 97
Back