Project sharkbait

Currently reading:
Project sharkbait

Well I had a bit of a frustrating morning today trying to get the cinque to turn over but it's just not turning fast enough possible things are loose connection on the alternator or starter bad earth between the two or anything else that someone comes up with hahahah

How does the engine feel turning by hand?, if it feels free, i'd suspect it's pure voltage related, maybe corroded terminals or earths just meaning the starter can't get enough oomph. Worth cleaning the earth from the inner wing to the negative post on the battery.

Stick a jump lead on the negative of the battery and connect other end to the engine block and see if that makes a difference :)

If not, jump it from another car whilst it's running, and see if that spins it faster.

Yep, add in a 2nd earth, good thinking mark. Could also do the same with the positive to positive terminal on the starter as well?

100 fs points to mrcento it's an earth issue engine turns so much faster with a jump lead between the negative and the block now I need to see if it's picking fuel up and I'm getting a spark picking new plugs up tomorrow cause the old ones are black like really black so new spark plugs and clean the earth fingers crossed it should start again haha

Well a little more progress

Shark bait is having trouble starting due to its idle control valve being stuck so when starting I have to play with the throttle to get it too start pain in the backside once I get it started I have to hold the revs at 2000 or it will stall so yesterday I went to remove the icv to find someone has stripped the torx on the harder of the bolts so I've dismantled the throttle body and I'm going to try hacksaw a slit to get a flat head in or drill the head off remove icv then get the rest of the bolt out pain in the backside lol on another note I really need a new exhaust for it cause it's stupid loud atm hahaha

[attachment=3:if4xybxt]IMAG0741.jpg[/attachment:if4xybxt]
[attachment=2:if4xybxt]IMAG0740.jpg[/attachment:if4xybxt]
[attachment=1:if4xybxt]IMAG0739.jpg[/attachment:if4xybxt]
[attachment=0:if4xybxt]IMAG0738.jpg[/attachment:if4xybxt]

Attachments

• IMAG0741.jpg
    IMAG0741.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0740.jpg
    IMAG0740.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMAG0739.jpg
    IMAG0739.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0738.jpg
    IMAG0738.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
Yeah you do, find a scrapyard, open your tool box and see what falls inside it. You might get lucky :cool: :lol:

From experience, old icv's on them don't really work properly again once they've been messed with. The 2 cheap options are to leave it be in the TB but soak it in wd40 and wiggle very gently back and forward with a small screwdriver whilst still blasting it with WD, or change the throttle body for another 2nd hand one. They don't fail much tbh so i'd just chance another from a scrappy.

When you get £'s, i recommend buying a vag com obd adapter, a 3 pin fiat/alfa to vag com adapter and downloading IAW scan. You'll then be able to monitor what the sensors are all doing and what the icv is doing etc.

Option 1 is on the cards atm no Scrappy's round me have a cinquecento sporting in atm or a sei so gubbed atm basically if your option docent work then wait till I get cash and buy a new tb got offered a new one with manifold posted for 35 quid lol

Well little update

Not much has happened to the car except I stripped the throttle body from the manifold and soaked the icv yet to refit.

Going back to dream land and mad ideas.
My plan is to buy a cheap 1.4 tjet car and basically transfer that into the cinquecento so I'm starting with a 120bhp engine and work up from there the only issue is a. Finding a cheap car b. It's going to be an arse of a job but so worth it haha

Ps I still know I'm mad haha

The t-jet fits....but doesn't. A lot of the turbo architecture won't clear the slam panel/rad/fan assembly. It is workable though.

The big headache is electrically, it's not a case of getting a t-jet car, slapping in the engine and box, making it fit at the front, plugging in the ecu and away you go like a p60 conversion or even a conversion to mpi. Unless you're planning to convert the interior to run CANBUS, set up fly by wire throttle etc, then the standard stuff is never going to work. The only realistic route is a standalone ecu like Megasquirt and mapping it. There's very little benefit there from buying a whole t-jet car unless you can get it cheaper than an engine. There's very little you'll be able to use.

Well I got bored yesterday and decided to start wet sanding the cinquecento you will have to wait to see the finished product though
[attachment=0:3eg8ymi7]IMAG0861.jpg[/attachment:3eg8ymi7]

Attachments

• IMAG0861.jpg
    IMAG0861.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57
Back