Project sharkbait

Currently reading:
Project sharkbait

Well as some of you may know on Tuesday night I went and bought a cinquecento sporting 1.1 in blue was a barn find and has being sorned for the last 3 years problems I know about are the sills on both sides need welded and an alternator belt and possibly the alternator itself but these are minor. The car is totally standard in every way but this won't be the case when I'm finished haha.

First plan of attack is get the new alternantor and belt and get the car running once the car is running I'm going to get it moted mainly too see what issues they come back with after this it's a case of full service including timing belt. Then it's onto cleaning, front seats out and shampoo the carpets and seats the roof liner everything basically get the inside spotless and smelling new then to the outside I'm planning a full orange peel removal to get that ultimate show shine then a full 5 stage csp compound to get the car like glass.

Then to modifications
Initial plan is to lower the car big time on coilovers then front and rear camber tint the rear Windows full stainless exhaust some deep dish alloys then start modding the engine.

The only pictures I have are these
[attachment=2:1d9rxnk0]FB_IMG_1452639005886.jpg[/attachment:1d9rxnk0]
[attachment=1:1d9rxnk0]IMAG0691.jpg[/attachment:1d9rxnk0]
[attachment=0:1d9rxnk0]IMAG0690.jpg[/attachment:1d9rxnk0]

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1452639005886.jpg
    FB_IMG_1452639005886.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 212
  • IMAG0691.jpg
    IMAG0691.jpg
    944.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG0690.jpg
    IMAG0690.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 135
Waits for James* to find this thread...

I do like that both your Fiats are blue :lol: Will be watching with interest

*and Mark but mostly James because it's another Imola blue cinq

Harper said:

Ah, but i had an Imola long before him :cool: :lol:

Mrcento said:
Harper said:

Ah, but i had an Imola long before him :cool: :lol:

Arse! Turns out I'm not all knowing after all :lol:

Well today I managed to get underneith and have a look I hope to God money comes my way cause I have a list but it's all part of the fun and also I wanna save this little guy not just scrap it like everyone else.

My list so far is

New disks and pads
New shocks and springs all round
Track rod ends as there is a little too much play for my liking
New timing belt
Oil
Coolant flush
New alternator belt
Fuel filter
Needs both sills replaced, welded and painted
Possibly new engine mounts
Air filter (might just stick a cone on it)
Rear drums may need some attention
Brake lines flushed

And I think that's it so far I mean for a car that's nearly the same age as me it's not too bad would have liked it too be better but I bought it as something to work on over the summer and get running I don't really care I just can't wait too drive the beast haha

Just think how satisfied you'll feel once you get it back on the road. And the fun you'll have in fixing it up

Just don't keep a record of what you spend on it... in fact it's probably an idea to learn now to be very economical with the truth when it comes to how much you're spending on your cars :lol:

well i have gone mad its official haha

i have set and end goal for sharkbait i want it to be a fun fast little car and the only way im going to do it is by putting a turbo on it but im not just putting a turbo on it and getting 20 or 30 bhp more no im adding 3 times the power im going for 150bhp minimum and yes i know what this involves a lot of work but god its going to be worth it when i take people out in the car i want them to smile and so do i

and yes just to remind you i have gone mad

First thing I would say is roll cage, the next is seam weld EVERYTHING!

It's for chassis stiffness more than anything g... but then it may be handy in case you get a bit excited with the 150bhp..

Yeah will add it to the maybe list also picked up some parts for the car today and I've also got the belt fitted but the battery is so flat I can't jump start it so might be a new battery
[attachment=0:24jsbg65]IMAG0715.jpg[/attachment:24jsbg65]

Attachments

• IMAG0715.jpg
    IMAG0715.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
Back