Yellow - FS Project Seicento 2

Currently reading:
Yellow - FS Project Seicento 2

noticed on my way past to the shed we're definitely going to need a tyre inflator thingy sooner rather than later or it's going to be completely flat

Yellow_s_flat_tyre_007.jpg

Either that or Yellow's gone low profile :laugh:

A quick trawl of the thread produces this post from Daz which lists everything done to the car before he sold it to us. Engine is from an auto punto according to Mrcento

abyss113 said:
ok havent really did a post for reference on whats been done now so update as of today

cant put engine back in untill engine mount arrives (apparantlyits here at post office)

So list of whats been done MODS and Original Replacments

Original

New Timing Belt Kit fitted New Ht Leads Fitted
New Head gaskets fitted New Spark Plugs Fitted
New Head Bolts New Rocker Cover Fitted
New Thermostat fitted New Oil Filter Fitted
New Lambda Sensor Fitted New MAP sensor Fitted
New radiator Fan Fitted New Crankshaft sensor Fitted
New Radiator fan switch fitted New Front Brake Pipes fitted
New brake pads and dics fitted Rear Drums insides refurbished (handbrake working)
new Tyres for front New Power steering Motor fitted
New Catalytic Conv Fitted New Centre section ftted
Car fully undersealed refurbed caliper on front drivers
New Manifold Gaskets New Rocker Gaskets
New Clutch Kit inc bearing New Engine Mount
New Headlights

MODS

1.2 SPI engine
866 Camshaft
1.1 Mkcritch ECU
SuperSprint 421 manifold
Apex 30/30 springs
K-N Induction kit with Bob
Black Indicators

thats a quick update probably a few bits missed but i think thats most of whats been done now

The engine is 1242 but it's still the 1.1 exhaust. However the 1.2 downipipe is the same as the 1.1 downpipe so they should match up. Only difference can be bore on the exit but i reckon they are the same, i'll have a dig.

Right.... i'm still seeking confirmation but from what i can see, it won't fit.

The Sei cat has a kink on the exit towards the mid section to tailpipe end, the punto one as far as i can see is straight, so it wouldn't align with the mid section of the sei.

I do still think we should look into the hunting first though, we had it running pretty sweet until it cut out so i think something has split somewhere (the sudden change in vacuum has confused the map, causing it to stall/cut out that time) and that is why it has hunted ever since.

Mrcento said:
Right.... i'm still seeking confirmation but from what i can see, it won't fit.

The Sei cat has a kink on the exit towards the mid section to tailpipe end, the punto one as far as i can see is straight, so it wouldn't align with the mid section of the sei.

In which case it's probably this one right?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/F...87e534e051ceced5f08457ef5a84e473e5983c&000059

Mrcento said:
I do still think we should look into the hunting first though, we had it running pretty sweet until it cut out so i think something has split somewhere (the sudden change in vacuum has confused the map, causing it to stall/cut out that time) and that is why it has hunted ever since.

I agree with you about sorting out the hunting issue first as it's clear the car just isn't running right but even if we solve that we still won't know if we've definitely fixed the emissions problem. Granted we don't know if the cat is working properly or not and replacing it may not solve things either but as it doesn't appear to cost much more than a standard mot I think it's worth a punt too. Call it covering every base.

Only downside is we'll never know if it was a leak or the cat causing the high emissions but hey, I can live with that if we end up with a road legal car

List of things to be done

get battery recharged
free off brakes
Check for any leaks that may be causing the hunting
replace cat

Anything else?

yes.....supermarket fuel.....(cos yellow owners are cheap) has a stagnet shelf life of around 3 months.....for best results i would drain tank, also take opetrunity to remove crud from tank filter....with the cold weather we have been having the hydroscopic properties of the old fuel will have taken on alot of water, and will definatley affect the running...

Harper said:
In which case it's probably this one right?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/F...87e534e051ceced5f08457ef5a84e473e5983c&000059

I agree with you about sorting out the hunting issue first as it's clear the car just isn't running right but even if we solve that we still won't know if we've definitely fixed the emissions problem. Granted we don't know if the cat is working properly or not and replacing it may not solve things either but as it doesn't appear to cost much more than a standard mot I think it's worth a punt too. Call it covering every base.

Only downside is we'll never know if it was a leak or the cat causing the high emissions but hey, I can live with that if we end up with a road legal car

List of things to be done

get battery recharged
free off brakes
Check for any leaks that may be causing the hunting
replace cat

Anything else?

Yup that cat would be the one.

However just hold off until we sort the hunting, i'm pretty confident i can sort that with a bit of time and if it needs any parts, i have most my old cinq bits still from when it was 8v, so likely nothing a trip up with a holdall full of bits wont sort. Also have a few new trick tools en-route as we speak that could help diagnose stuff :)

An apology is due to Mrcento.

I know you suggested we should hold off buying a new cat until you'd had a chance to investigate the possibility of a leak causing the hunting but as you've no doubt read in the fix-it thread it's been purchased anyway. Martyn and I did discuss the further merits of buying a new cat after your post however it was decided to sod the expense and go with it anyway - just in case as per my last post here.

For the record the suggestion to just to do it and not say anything was mine and that is were this apology stems from. I should have told you in advance what was decided and I'm sorry I didn't

Harper said:
An apology is due to @Mrcento.

I know you suggested we should hold off buying a new cat until you'd had a chance to investigate the possibility of a leak causing the hunting but as you've no doubt read in the fix-it thread it's been purchased anyway. Martyn and I did discuss the further merits of buying a new cat after your post however it was decided to sod the expense and go with it anyway - just in case as per my last post here.

For the record the suggestion to just to do it and not say anything was mine and that is were this apology stems from. I should have told you in advance what was decided and I'm sorry I didn't

It's cool. Having a brand new cat on it isn't going to be a bad thing!

The problem still is that without the idle sorted, the chances of passing are still more or less zero. with the vacuum leak (and it is), the ecu can't comprehend what is happening. If that gets sorted, and it will, then with the new cat too, it should pass.

The reason for holding off on the cat was A) Expense and B) the vacuum issue could well sort it for free/cheaps and have a chance of passing without the cat as cento's have been known to pass emissions with no cat in place!

Anyways, hoping to attend next fix it meet :)

What i would be doing to trace issue, removing all the inlet side of things, so everything from the airbox, Throttle body and manifold.

That gives good room to inspect all the various pipes and their clamps.

Then assuming nothing is found that needs fixed/replaced mean time, renew inlet manifold gasket and check the seating of the throttle body, maybe make a new gasket for that too. refit all that, pipes etc, make sure all are clamped up and check airbox is sealing etc and take from there.

Glad all is cool and hope you can make it up north for the fix-it meet.

I have to admit I'm pretty much of the opinion now of sod the expense and let's just get the damn car on the road hence replacing the cat regardless if needed or not. Yellow has been sitting for far too long and I'd like it to be at shows this year if possible

Back