Yellow - FS Project Seicento 2

Currently reading:
Yellow - FS Project Seicento 2

Yellow has been in FS's ownership for just over a year and in that time has moved to 3 different homes although sadly not under it's own steam (or is that petrol?) It's now residing at my house and, once things have calmed down a bit for a few of us, this project will get moving again with FS HQ being based at my house. Pro's are there will be a house to go and defrost in and power that doesn't come from a noisy, smelly generator. The cons are the driveway is way, way more cramped than the old shed.

In the mean time here's a couple of pictures

Yellow_comes_home_001.jpg

Yellow_comes_home_010.jpg

And yes that is a piece of paving slab under the rear wheel in case the handbrake fails :laugh: It's in reverse too so should be ok.

hopefully it won't be staying there for long and will be moved back on to flat ground when we remove the fence this weekend

Harper said:
I do that with the punto and it's only 5 years old. I have very little trust of handbrakes and slopes lol

Haha i've always done with every car since i had my first cinq with no handbrake.

One time i didn't do it with the Honda, i parked on the hill across from my house, got in, made a cup of tea, sat down and drank it, when i finished i stood up, looked out the window and saw it had failed and rolled down the hill and was now sitting slap bang in the middle of the crossroad and was blocking main road :laugh: always remembered since then!

Mrcento said:
Haha i've always done with every car since i had my first cinq with no handbrake.

One time i didn't do it with the Honda, i parked on the hill across from my house, got in, made a cup of tea, sat down and drank it, when i finished i stood up, looked out the window and saw it had failed and rolled down the hill and was now sitting slap bang in the middle of the crossroad and was blocking main road :laugh: always remembered since then!

If Yellow does that it'll probably hit the wall separating the driveways opposite in which case bye bye Yellow

jatkinson said:
so when am i going to come up and fix this and get it on the road in next to no time

Any time you like once the work has finished on my house.

Seriously though, we'll probably aim for Spring time for warmer weather and longer days although if folks want to start working on this before then I'm happy for them to do so :)

I will have the brakes freed off before xmas never mind spring.. then just a good hiding to an mot station, good to go :)

Well the bad news is Yellow has a flat battery again so jump leads will be required. We pushed it back to it's new position on the driveway - thank gawd it's such a little car lol. Did pretty damn well in getting it close to the fence too

Driveway_007.jpg

defo leave the handbreak off otherwise it will never work again if its standing for a while.

i still dont see why this isnt on the road. did we ever getto the bottom of the problem

Yeah, the brakes seized on as i was taking it to the mot station, it never made it..

Clock34 said:
defo leave the handbreak off otherwise it will never work again if its standing for a while.

i still dont see why this isnt on the road. did we ever getto the bottom of the problem

Stuart said:
Yeah, the brakes seized on as i was taking it to the mot station, it never made it..

Handbrake was quite difficult to shift yesterday so yes it's been left off now it's on a flat surface.

The main problem in getting Yellow back on the road is time and availability both of which is in short supply for most people. Add to the fact it's based up in the NE and therefore difficult for folks to get to and then also that the two people most involved are also possibly the most mechanically inept members of FS and actually it's not difficult to see why its taken so long :laugh:

However, the plan is to get it back on the road and all stickered up for next year's shows. At least now it's at mine it's more accessible than when it was tucked away in a shed at my work so hopefully that will help get things moving again.

Yellow's front O/S tyre is looking slightly flat so if anyone can lend us a foot pump when we get going again that would be a good. I was thinking about this yesterday (as you do) and found myself wondering if an oil change might be an idea too just before the MOT. IIRC marti155 thought it was a little on the thin side last time he looked at the car

The subject of Yellow and it's various issues cropped up on Saturday as usually happens at FS meets :D The first thing I should say is this is on hold once again until the new year quite simply due to finance issues. There is no point working on the poor thing if we can't afford to put it through the mot and insure/tax it. however the aim is to have it working for Cupar...hopefully...
Johno933, Mrcento, and marti155 had quite a lengthy discussion on how to fix the various issues and I won't remember all of it or get the various technical information right so fingers-crossed they check in and add to this. Johno's opinion is that we put on a new cat to solve the emissions issue and as we managed to source one for £40 to this is probably going to happen. He also suggested we change the oil and make sure the petrol in there is fresh plus put in additives and of course the usual Italian tune up prior to going to the test.

The hunting issue is more puzzling and this is where I'm hoping everyone else will pitch in. the throttle body was brought up once again and this has been changed with the one from FiaSco who was running fine but again is something to be looked at. We know it's not the timing as that has been checked however it was suggested there might be a leak introducing the wrong mix of gases and confusing the ecu (that's my non-mechanical understanding of it lol).

What have I missed from that discussion folks?

I still say a good thrashing will sort the hunting and emissions, but a new cat wont hurt

Got an email earlier from Qwik Fit

Hi Katie,

Thank you for choosing Kwik Fit in January 2014. We noticed your Fiat Seicento, is due for its MOT in January.

The January bit was funny enough but I genuinely laughed out loud at the next bit

You can renew your MOT up to a month before it expires. The earliest date you can get your vehicle tested is printed on the pass certificate. It’s also a good time to check your car tax. Click https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax]here[/url] for details.

MOT expired in 2009 and as for car tax...

Just as well my work know the story behind Yellow and understood why I was laughing and swearing at the computer screen at the same time :laugh:

Back