Snow thread 2013

Currently reading:
Snow thread 2013

don't think we have one yet?

1.jpg

they got winter tyres they are invincible

Yep, those wide wheels will do that, not top mention brake assist, ABS and traction control. Heard some kid in the shop today talking about some hill start device ?
Trouble is, people believe the hype

Not faster, just want to get somewhere, that is all :)

Yeah, they've got a meeting - with the undertaker.

Norwich seems to have been hit really hard Tuesday, was similar yesterday morning also. But strangly enough, everything outside of a 10 radius was fine. Almost no snow on the coast, unlike Monday morning where we had snow, and none in Norwich. I've just popped outside and the car has a light covering. Not sure if I'm looking forward to 6am drive to work or not yet :devil:

we've had very fine sleet / snow since about 5am, settling nicely on everything, thankfully gritters went down the road at about 4:30am.... I am just hoping they started elsewhere and finished here.

We have 2 to 3 inches so far. Not snowing at the moment but more forecast later. Just seen daft woman over the road trying to get her car off the drive - max revs and going nowhere. it's not even steep ffs

So far here we've had a total of about an inch, roads are good and clear though so no issues getting to/from work apart from all the idiots parked in stupid places but that's par for the course around here.
However I expect it'll be getting a lot thicker in the next few hours, still a very fine snowfall just now - we'll see. Luckily I only live about a 1/2 hour walk from work so can still get home if it does get bad :)

ABS = Crap, build a snow wall with the tyres instead, stops you quicker
Traction Control = Wheels cant grip, why will braking help?
Hill Holder = Wheels have stopped but you havent
Hill Start = dont worry the car will start moving on the hill, but backwards

only good one i can see is the brake distrobution one, so that if there is a wheel that is slipping and the rears aint - the rears will do the work instead

Ziggy

ABS = Crap, build a snow wall with the tyres instead, stops you quicker
Traction Control = Wheels cant grip, why will braking help?
Hill Holder = Wheels have stopped but you havent
Hill Start = dont worry the car will start moving on the hill, but backwards

only good one i can see is the brake distrobution one, so that if there is a wheel that is slipping and the rears aint - the rears will do the work instead

Ziggy

Amazes me how I ever learned to drive without all those 'gimmicks'.
With regular snowfall for months at a time, you either learned to drive or you lost the car (crash it or leave it at home).
With my snow socks on this morning, I sailed past a guy trying to get his merc up a nearby slope. He was moving forward mm by mm, his engine covered 2000 miles, the car covered a mile :D

Back