Styling Show us your Wheels!!

Currently reading:
Styling Show us your Wheels!!

ISTTR just sent me this from work where one of his lovely mechanics is fitting my new wheels for me!

New wheels!.JPG

So I've not seen her 'in the flesh' yet but she's looking good I think :D Will post more pics once the sun comes out . . .

And yeah, yeah, I know some of you will think I should have gone for the 17" . . .

Glad you approve! Still not seen her as there was a rubbing noise coming from one of the wheel arches so they've had to investigate.

Question is, should I keep the knackered old steel ones? Is it worth it do you think? Or just bin them?

steel ones are good for the wintery gritting and salting season

when spring comes, use decent alloys with wider low profile tyres. when winter comes back, just bolt on the steels with tyres back on.

you only need space to store the wheels with tyres on when not in use

Ah, now that would be a great plan if the old ones had tyres on, but sadly I was a skinflint and swapped them over to the new 15" alloys! Well, they were almost new :)

Good point about alloys getting knackered in the winter though! I took her off the road for most of it but guess it could still be frosty for a while yet . . .

ISTTR just sent me this from work where one of his lovely mechanics is fitting my new wheels for me!

View attachment 38795

So I've not seen her 'in the flesh' yet but she's looking good I think :D Will post more pics once the sun comes out . . .

And yeah, yeah, I know some of you will think I should have gone for the 17" . . .

Gill, they look excellent - can't wait to see them in the flesh, now you need to polish up the rest of the car to match the wheels (especially under the bonnet :p)

Very nice
Well Ive 4 sets at the min, sure thats not too many Lee?

mark

Nope, you can never have too many wheels - really like that black set! (y)

Question is, should I keep the knackered old steel ones? Is it worth it do you think? Or just bin them?

Keep them, you never know when you will need them. I have my open for a set, contemplating a trip to Scotland to pickup a set................... :)

Lee they are actually in Vauxhall:bang: Anthracite but if you like black i have something else up my sleeve:D

Deffinately keep the old wheels just in case something happens the B, no point loosing your good wheels too

Mark

1 set arent on the car but the good set that are on the car at the min, but the car is sitting in polish and its very crappy weather over here :bang:
All in good time

Mark

Here they are! More pics on the main 'show us your B' thread :)

DSCF7022.JPG

15" Team Dynamics Jet Silver - still arguing with alloywheels.com over a set of missing locking wheelnuts though - they are a bit grumpy and condescending there!! Anyone else dealt with them??

ok I've done it again! demolished the garage to build a new one and lost my "spacers" (if that's the name of the part) of my rear wheels. I have 17 inch Zenders. can anyone tell me a size of the "spacers" or where can I get now ones please? oh...and if spacers isn't the name, they are the little things you out between your rear wheels and the place where the bolts of the wheels are mounted. anyone help?

Attachments

• DSCN5232.JPG
    DSCN5232.JPG
    539.4 KB · Views: 21
Can't help with the size (although if you have the other one you should be able to measure it) H & R and Eibach both make spacers and are available from a number of sources on eBay.............one quick question, how on earth did you loose one if the wheels are on the car :confused::confused:

ok! first of all, I lost both of them! secondly I have the winter-wheels (original rims with winter tires) and I was now planning to mount the summer set of wheels (the 17" Zenders). as for my local rim and tire dealers.....they don't have any :bang::cry:

Back