Road Damage, Legal Advice!

Currently reading:
Road Damage, Legal Advice!

Trans, make sure you claim for damages, should also claim for post traumatic stress after seeing your bumper, and the laundry bill for falling in to the abyss and getting covered in mud :D

thats a pathetic tiny hole.

wait till you get a 18wheel CAMAZ truck stuck in a hole (western kazahkstan, me and tony used the volvo and the merc and a passing 1956> volga to pull the 30t+ truck out of said mine/hole/moon crator.

I did have pics but accidently deleted them in a drunken rage (n) (there were semi hot russian ladies present so all was forgiven).

FAO this is a camaz:--

kamaz.jpg

not one like that though

kamaz_d1.jpg

YES PLEASE :D

kamaz-55102.jpg

THIS is the truck type, but it was old battered, and in typical used rusk army flat green.

WE also saw this:-

this truck here was what it would have looked like before, and was part of the same 'gang' of trucks, at the border to mongolia:-
http://www.slightlycliveracing.com/pics/sam/mediafiles/l144.jpg
l144.jpg

sorry for the hugeness

heres it during accidento:-
ylh682.jpg

and yes they are yurts in the background, whoever said mongolia is sparsely populated is talking thru their bum hole :cool:

and here is it, DRIVING BACK TO THE RUSSIAN BORDER!!!! YES there is a driver IN that cab somewhere!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

l44.jpg

Trans, make sure you claim for damages, should also claim for post traumatic stress after seeing your bumper, and the laundry bill for falling in to the abyss and getting covered in mud :D
LOL :D I've written them an email. I've politely asked if that section of highway belongs to them.

If it does then I expect procedings to start soon, if not then I'll have to find out who it belongs to :confused:

if you are successful thru the contactors then you shouldn't have much problem as I would imagine there is a contingancy budget to pay for all their F ups.

if its council on council ,then erm, your cars not standard there fore as far as teh council is concered sht will happen and they tell you to put the car on a race track blah blah. there was an incident like this with a cumbrian pit town (frizington) a parked car actually fell down a pit hole that had opened up in the middle of the street, but there was some grey areas to why the car was there, it also didn' have tax or insurance and eventually the council shrugged off liability in court

if you are successful thru the contactors then you shouldn't have much problem as I would imagine there is a contingancy budget to pay for all their F ups.

The contractors cover this kind of stuff in their tendors:)

In a case where the contractor blames the Council and vice versa you can just sue them both. Then send the bailiffs into one or 't other and leave them to fight it out. Don't take any flannel over your spoiler height, that road is just not fit for purpose.

also get a garage to assesss if your suspension and wheel bearings are damaged on that side of the car. get a generous estimate and stick that in with your claim.

I'm all for sueing when they are not doing their job right. sunderland is a right joke, all the roads (apart from the bus lanes which are paved with gold) are full of potholes, chattered, bodged repairs, lines worn out,

however I'm not for " I fell over so I'm blaiming the council for making this cobblied street!!!!"
unless there was a cobble missing or sticking up, " ah la uni carpark"

also get a garage to assesss if your suspension and wheel bearings are damaged on that side of the car. get a generous estimate and stick that in with your claim.

I'm all for sueing when they are not doing their job right. sunderland is a right joke, all the roads (apart from the bus lanes which are paved with gold) are full of potholes, chattered, bodged repairs, lines worn out,

however I'm not for " I fell over so I'm blaiming the council for making this cobblied street!!!!"
unless there was a cobble missing or sticking up, " ah la uni carpark"

Generous estimate for damage that's unlikely to have happened? Paying for that in our council tax, great. Get the compensation for actual damage, not an exaggerated claim.

Well just got it back from the Garage, the Supercharger sound is gone, Problem was an exhausted/faulty "Idler Roller Washer" AND the NSF wishbone has major play which may be because of the crater AND my MOT is in 2 days AND Barnet never wrote back to me AND someone had been out to put cones round the hole... but the cones had fallen down as the buses probably just drive over them.

What to do? :(

oh T, sorry to hear that, you aren't having much luck with the new bling are you?

Damn fookin right :cry:

The council is bound to drag out any claim, weed out the chancers out for a quick buck so expect as long slog if you get anywhere at all. As for the play and stuff you'd probably have to prove it was caused by the hole, not an easy task.

Write to honest john in the telegraph and see what he recommends he's good with this stuff or try posting on his forum.

Update:

Barnet rang me this morning from a Mobile number :confused:

They said Highway Maintenance is not their responsibility but rather TFL's (Transport For London) responsibility and that I should contact them.

They have been contacted and aim to respond within 10 working days.

This is going to loooooong isn't it (n)

yup, gonna be a long ride for the lot of them.

not that this is similar. but I had a problem with a digital camera I bought from comet, took it back, they sent it off to the manufactuer.

and then started the blame game RE who was responsible for the abomination adn then the following 'inspection' bill.

took 3months to sort out, and that was just for a £100 digi camera.

<£500 of car damage is going to be in the months mate.

best thing you can do is make an appearance at your local council desk and be relativly friendly and understanding and make a friend their that will hopefully push and chase this thru.
thats what I did with two car parking charges. both were dogdy, got both removed eventually.

Back