Police win right to hide speed cameras

Currently reading:
Police win right to hide speed cameras

I have always believed that prevention is better than cure and the only reason i can see for hidding speed cameras again is for it to generate money:mad: . Like the article says when you see a speed camera, you automatically check your speed and adjust if need be(y) . Apparentlythese cameras are only allowed to be placed at accident blackspots so if you dont see them then everybody carries on driving the way they do and all the camera achieves then is issueing a ticket and doesnt prevent any accident whatsoever.:bang:
I am not against speed cameras as long as they are visible and the same goes for traffic cops, if in a squad car fine but when in an unmarked car they are just out to issue fines and points. Like i said before PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE

MATT 68 said:
I have always believed that prevention is better than cure and the only reason i can see for hidding speed cameras again is for it to generate money:mad:

Cameras do not generate money, all the fines paid do not go to the police, istead they go back to the government which in turn goes to all the highways agencies and councils which help keep our roads safer and maintained to a correct standard

Just imagine... people see bright yellow speed cameras and slow down gently to avoid a ticket...

If they're "camoflaged" then people will see them at the last second, slam on the anchors and probably get a car parked in their boot.

Either way, it's a silly idea.

Not chuffed about it-like the hack saw option but u couldnt do that with a moblie one with the fat copper in the car:eek: which is wot the police will cos it takes mininum setup and money with greater return.Tho it keeps someone that i know in there job even if they are already very busy.The gov needs a good kick in the nads with a big steel toe capped shoe!

AppleSei said:
Cameras do not generate money, all the fines paid do not go to the police, istead they go back to the government which in turn goes to all the highways agencies and councils which help keep our roads safer and maintained to a correct standard

:eek: Come and have a look at the roads in the County of Staffordshire and then tell me the money gets spent on the highways.Not only does the county have the worst conditioned roads in the country but it also recently featured in a national newspaper as having the most cameras on one stretch of road than any other in the country.Sorry John but wake up and smell the coffee:peace:

MATT 68 said:
:eek: Come and have a look at the roads in the County of Staffordshire and then tell me the money gets spent on the highways.Not only does the county have the worst conditioned roads in the country but it also recently featured in a national newspaper as having the most cameras on one stretch of road than any other in the country.Sorry John but wake up and smell the coffee:peace:

Should see the roads i have to drive on daily... seriously you go over a bump and you practically end up in a hedge, then a pot hole and almost end up in a ditch, repeat about 20 times and thats my drive to work :D :p

Hmmm.................I can see one benefit of these new rules - cameras outside schools, which is a good idea IMO..........................

I can also see how it could alienate motorists further from camera partnerships, etc., BUT Turboned does bring up a good point - if you speed, then you should be prepared to face the consequences, as with most things in life.

MATT 68 said:

I cant justify the state of your roads, maybe they are bad, but all i know is thats how the money is intended to be spent, wheteher it does or not i cant say

AppleSei said:

what you mean tehy dont make money ??? of course they make money you just said so, the fine money goes to the highways agencies wich maintain the roads. soo its in there intrest to have as many people fined as possible that way they have more free money to spend on the roads and not having to fund then selves.

i hate cameras correct place on view thats fine but lots arnt. yes im sure i will get the usual obay speed limit then nota problem reply but thats a fat lot of good if you accidently speed by 5mph at 4am in morning whats the pont in a ticket then ??? when you hadnt decided to speed on purpose in first place.

chaos said:
Hmmm.................I can see one benefit of these new rules - cameras outside schools, which is a good idea IMO..........................

I can also see how it could alienate motorists further from camera partnerships, etc., BUT Turboned does bring up a good point - if you speed, then you should be prepared to face the consequences, as with most things in life.

Are you ready for this one chaos?...................................................I agree with everything you just said(can you believe that?)(y)

MATT 68 said:
Are you ready for this one chaos?...................................................I agree with everything you just said(can you believe that?)(y)

I think I'm about to collapse with the shock :D

Back