Police win right to hide speed cameras

Currently reading:
Police win right to hide speed cameras

i'm gonna get a good flaming for this one...

but i think they're a bit of a pointless deterrant for people to slow down if you are totaly aware of where they are.

All people do is slow down when they see the signs, then speed up after...

if they're hidden, then people wont know where to speed, so as a deterrant it works much better.

Not saying i agree with speed cameras, cos it seems that with more and more in this country, we're being told that we're guilty until proven innocent... which is of course the wrong way round

oh and i have speeding points, from driving a brand new car (and a much faster one) and it was a pure accident, and at like 2am... it was my fault, i wasn't paying enough attention to my speed, but my arguement would be that surely i should be paying the most attention toe the road and my driving conditions...anyways... :(

Get rid of speed cameras and bring back Road Policing Units!!!!! At least they can take into account road conditions etc oh and discretion between 35 in 30 and 55 in a 30 which a speed camera cant

brava007 said:
Get rid of speed cameras and bring back Road Policing Units!!!!! At least they can take into account road conditions etc oh and discretion between 35 in 30 and 55 in a 30 which a speed camera cant

Unfortunately there's one thing holding it back ATM - budget.

Also doing 35 mph is also much more potentially dangerous than 30 mph in terms of energetics, which a lot of people don't seem to realise....................55mph is bordering on lunacy in energetic terms IMO.

chaos said:
Unfortunately there's one thing holding it back ATM - budget.

Also doing 35 mph is also much more potentially dangerous than 30 mph in terms of energetics, which a lot of people don't seem to realise....................55mph is bordering on lunacy in energetic terms IMO.

Yeah budgets are a problem!
ANPR is the way forward anyway (would say that as my force has the best anpr dpt in the uk!)

oh and i dont in anyway think speeding is a good thing (y)

AppleSei said:
Cameras do not generate money, all the fines paid do not go to the police, istead they go back to the government which in turn goes to all the highways agencies and councils which help keep our roads safer and maintained to a correct standard

What do they generate then choclote buttons?

mmmmmmmm chocolate buttons!

"Neither the Police nor the other members of the Partnership make any money out of the Safety Camera initiative. All monies collected from fines goes to the Lord Chancellor’s Office in central government. However, a pre-agreed sum covering the cost of the scheme is paid back to the agencies involved"

Source: Northants Police

So if your speeding and you see a camera thats been hidden at the last minute, what do you do?

A) Speed up and try and run a kid over as thats what all speeders do

B) Sail past and give Tony B.Liar 80 quid

C) Slam the breaks on an risk an accident?

Reminds me of a Lee Evans sketch . . . . once you get caught speeding, go faster! Get your moneys worth!!!!

Back