Police win right to hide speed cameras

Currently reading:
Police win right to hide speed cameras

I have to say, I can see it from both sides to be honest. There are a lot of irresponsible gits out there so it's one thing that may help to reduce blatant speeding. I don't put my foot down until I hit a road where I am allowed so I don't have a big problem with it, however if I did try to speed on the 30mph roads around here my car would bottom out on an all the pot holes :rolleyes: .

So serious question.

If I am about to buy a new car in the next few weeks, should I get it with sat nav installed at the factory or is there a better option for me so I can install something with a camera detector as part of the package. I know I don't speed but everyone can make a mistake and I'd rather be safe than sorry :)

MATT 68 said:
but it also recently featured in a national newspaper as having the most cameras on one stretch of road than any other in the country.Sorry John but wake up and smell the coffee:peace:

My parents live just off that road. It's absolute BLISS to be able to drive down it at 30mph without some **** tailgating me or trying to overtake me like they do on similar roads here in Carlisle. I agree with (hidden or otherwise) cameras in accident blackspots (where excessive speed has been shown to be an issue) and outside schools, hospitals etc. It's a bit daft out on the open road though and also utterly useless in cases like drink-driving, cocky-over-testosteroned-maleness, bad weather and so on - you need traffic police for that.

christopher watson said:
personally i think that if you are could doing over a ton, you should lose your licence for 6 months, as that would be a great deterant :)

your just saying that because its impossable for you to go that fast, if you've got a sports car your gunna wanna try it out, i saw a porsche carrera pulled by cops on the motorway

bulldog5046 said:
your just saying that because its impossable for you to go that fast, if you've got a sports car your gunna wanna try it out, i saw a porsche carrera pulled by cops on the motorway

In my time on the roads, i have had a couple of fast cars - a nissan 200sx which i sold a month later due to insurance costs, and a mark 1 golf gti which failed its mot. I never drove either of these cars fast and wouldnt want to. I got more joy out of the power to get the cars up to 70 then i would have got with doing 100mph +.

Isn't it great being treat like a criminal? Having your every move watched just waiting for you to slip up? After all, we're not responsible adults who have proven ourselves during testing capable of driving :rolleyes:

Seriously there are more pressing matters than speeding motorists. Do they really think that if we all stuck to the speed limit that there will be no crashes? People won't pull out of junctions infront of you. People won't cut you up. People won't weave lanes. People won't tailgate. People won't drive drunk or on drugs. Yeah right. Get real.

Gun crime is out of control. Drugs are out of control. Gang wars are raging. Benefit fraud is off the scale and yobbish behaviour is the norm. We got a glimpse of it at the Yorkshire FF meet. The government and police are unable to stop any of these so they use easy to prosecute minor offences to distract us. Talk about cameras all you want - but you're missing the big issues.

Damn right there Hellcat (y) this and previous goverments are doing a very good job of p******g people off :mad: bit by bit people are getting fed up with being screwed on issuses such as speed cameras ,council tax,and the constant police state thats developing in this country (n) dont get me wrong because I am a law abiding person and dont believe in taking matters into ones own hands :) but this goverment and in many cases the police force in this country do nothing to address the important issues like heath care MRSA, state and condition of our traffic system,unjust council tax, anti social behavour[which I and my family have witnessed first hand] while criminals get get away with murder and decent people get pursecuted it will all end Ime sorry to say in total anarchy .

its funny this.... i was always under the impression GATSO's were supposed to be used a deterrent to stop people from speeding.

not to be hiddin the trees to catch every single driver out who does 80mph on the motor way :bang:

chaos said:
BUT Turboned does bring up a good point - if you speed, then you should be prepared to face the consequences, as with most things in life.

unless your a policeman, they seem to get away with doing a lot of things on the road that the daily user would lose their liscence for. (n)

I dont agree with hiding cameras and traps, it was only the other night comming home from work at about 7pm there was 2 mobile traps I went through. The first one I clocked straight away and I wasnt speeding anyway, plus people comming from the other direction were flashing their lights.

The other was in a sneaky spot on a one way road, after a speed camera where everyone puts their toe down and uses as a drag strip. The road is horrible and shattering to drive down quick. With this one didnt spot them (just holding a gun) until it would have been too late and when I looked down my speedo was just over 30. Didnt get pulled or owt.

The reason I didnt see them was the speeding git who pulled in behind me at the last minute (he mus have clocked them) leaving about a foot off the back of my car, and then tailgated me. now did they pull him?

Did they balls.

As for revenue from cameras and/or speeding motorists, doesnt Simon Cowell pay more income tax than they actually earn?

Maybie its time for everyone to get out the pedaly bike just think :idea: no camera fines . dont have to obay traffic lights but just go around them on the pavement and dont have to buy tax or insurance or pay exhortationate prices for fuel bliss sheere bliss [that would put the goverment it the s**t :D

I used to do cycling quite a lot but there are a lot of drivers who arent and never will be cyclists so they dont respect you on the road.

My worst one was a car overtook me then turned left straight in front of me into a side road. No patience and no brains and no experience of riding a bike on the roads.

Big Black Stilo said:
I used to do cycling quite a lot but there are a lot of drivers who arent and never will be cyclists so they dont respect you on the road.

My worst one was a car overtook me then turned left straight in front of me into a side road. No patience and no brains and no experience of riding a bike on the roads.

:yeahthat:

Or pulling out as you're going past.. Driving past with a plank of wood sticking out the passenger window.. Skip lorrys driving past with bits of metal hanging from them.. Old women (mostly) forgetting which lane they are in and cutting you up.. Roundabouts (and all the death traps to cyclists assiciated with them).. Loose wheel trims

..and thats before you start on the yobs who are actually out to get you by throwing stuff.. :eek:

Theres a road me and H often go on when we are visiting his parents, i dont think its that far from gaz's where the radio station is near bradley wrexham.

Its a 60 (i think) all the way along until its starts to go downhill as soo as your at the bottom of the hill its a 30, you will often see police there trying to catch people out as they are slowing down the hill.

Pretty sneaky really, thats delibratly trying to catch people out (n)

If it wasnt why dont they go further down the 30 zone? They wont cos its more likely they will catch someone coming down the hill who isnt slowing quick enough.

sammiboo said:
Theres a road me and H often go on when we are visiting his parents, i dont think its that far from gaz's where the radio station is near bradley wrexham.

Its a 60 (i think) all the way along until its starts to go downhill as soo as your at the bottom of the hill its a 30, you will often see police there trying to catch people out as they are slowing down the hill.

Pretty sneaky really, thats delibratly trying to catch people out (n)

If it wasnt why dont they go further down the 30 zone? They wont cos its more likely they will catch someone coming down the hill who isnt slowing quick enough.

going towards mold it 40 from the roundabout and past the school then it drops to 30 as you go down the hill, there have been many complaints about that, if the van has to be there put it outside the school :mad:

coming back from mold it even worse, it 60 then drops to 30 just before the hill so people get caught if they not doing 30 before the sign :(

one of my dads friends got done for 34 going down the hill

another hate of mine is stupidly positioned cameras on the way to nantwich there is a speed camera on a dipped bend, i really dont see a point to that as anyone doing over 60 there is not going to live to be able to take the points and pay the fine

gaz_wrexham said:
coming back from mold it even worse, it 60 then drops to 30 just before the hill so people get caught if they not doing 30 before the sign :(
It's actually a 70 before it goes to a 30 there, as it's a dual carriageway. I find that a combination of 3G brake disks and Pagid Blue brake pads does the trick in bringing the speed down pretty sharpish, as Sammi can testify to last night... ;)
H

AppleSei said:
Cameras do not generate money, all the fines paid do not go to the police, istead they go back to the government...
The reason they are painted yellow is because that's what the police forces had to do in order to retain a share of any revenues gained from the cameras. So current cameras do gain money for the police. Not sure about these proposed ones - never bothered reading the article! :p
H

Back