General Panda twin air remap

Currently reading:
General Panda twin air remap

Big gerry

Hi everyone did anyone ever get a TA panda remapped I phoned a company that dose it and they said my horse power up by 10 hp more torque but no mention of more mpg ?

Generally, car makers already set things for best available MPG and emissions values, at expense of power/torque. Adjusting to give more power would likely to reduce overall MPG... although that depends on style of driving and types of journey. The maker's target is the very specific EU economy test.

Ta can be made more powerful fairly easily. I wouldnt fiddle with mine as tgere is,a lot goibg on. Its quiite nippy alreadt, tows excetionally well and overtakes on fast A roads with gusto already. Good economy is possiblebut ittakes careful driving and liberal swapping from eco off to on and back. It does not react as expected and requires practice.

Hi everyone did anyone ever get a TA panda remapped I phoned a company that dose it and they said my horse power up by 10 hp more torque but no mention of more mpg ?
Hard to imagine less energy in (fuel - improved mpg) for more energy out (BHP - you say 10??). If I'm wrong then the tuner may have solved the UK's energy issues.

Hard to imagine less energy in (fuel - improved mpg) for more energy out (BHP - you say 10??). If I'm wrong then the tuner may have solved the UK's energy issues.
I recall the early mj diesels had plenty of 'scope'.. Set up to last a long time with little servicing..
There was 'room for improvement'

Multiair technology is a very good system.. It IS excellent at metering fuel

But with an Optimised system.. There are few gains to me made.

The motor seems to last in the bigger turbo "105 bhp" form.. But can overstress the drive train ..

obviously stock 500/panda is 69bhp and relatively LowTorque

Generally, car makers already set things for best available MPG and emissions values, at expense of power/torque. Adjusting to give more power would likely to reduce overall MPG... although that depends on style of driving and types of journey. The maker's target is the very specific EU economy test.
...and optimised to keep warranty claims within sensible limits too, of course.

Intuitively, from what little I understand about the TA & its cleverness/complexity/lack of forgiveness for anything other than correct care regimes it's one I'd swerve in terms of a remap. The multijets, fill your boots - as long as one is prepared to put a higher torque figure through the transmission, of course (I never did find anyone prepared to state what the 4x4's limits were v-a-v this though)

I think I’ll just leave well enough alone
I think with twinair and dmf and its clear and present dangers from Italianness thats probably best. They did do 90 and 105 ps versions so up to that would probably be ok but I find Noops odd gurgles, pops, tapping and wheezing incomprehesible now. I wouldnt want to put up with him if he had indigestion!

Back