General Key Fob Panda Twin Air 2020 (a keyring issue)

Currently reading:
General Key Fob Panda Twin Air 2020 (a keyring issue)

Panda2007

I have just purchased a 2020 Panda and this morning realised the little sticky-out bit (I know technical stuff) that allows the fob to fit to a key ring is plastic and is broken. I note there are photos where this is metal, obviously better. I'm just wondering if one buys a new cover, like the ones that come in other colours, is the keyring bit part of the clever part or just a part of the cover?

I'm trying to be clear and failing, I'm trying to say it works perfectly so I don't want the vast expense of a new fob I just want to hang it with my keys. Phew!

Yes, shells are freely available but make sure you get the ones that are for the key and not just fit over the top of the existing one

Thanks very much for both replies, I seem to have a different issue with the car so will see where that takes me and if i want to use my right to return it. Going to add a post about that and see what is said here. I assume btw that swapping the guts out is easy!

Thanks very much for both replies, I seem to have a different issue with the car so will see where that takes me and if i want to use my right to return it. Going to add a post about that and see what is said here. I assume btw that swapping the guts out is easy!
Very, but don’t flex the internals…having said that, they seem to be very robust, I’ve dropped them in the canal, stood on them and run over them with a tractor…Nina, the missus destroyed hers by running them over with the tractor topper, but that’s like sticking them in an industrial blender!

Back