New PC Build - "System failed CPU Test"

Currently reading:
New PC Build - "System failed CPU Test"

seriously though. i'm guessing its a thoroughbred core rather than a palomino.
borrow another known working, older cpu, update bios and refit your chip. used to get loads of boards/cpu's back because of this when I worked at tekheads.

seriously though. i'm guessing its a thoroughbred core rather than a palomino.
borrow another known working, older cpu, update bios and refit your chip. used to get loads of boards/cpu's back because of this when I worked at tekheads.

Cheers for that Soopahfly. My current processor(s) were identified in this thread: https://www.fiatforum.com/computing/108738-fastest-processor-my-mobo-speed-current-amd-cpu.html - but I'm still not sure if they are thoroughbred or palominos :)o)

Regardless, Hellcat has just attained legend status for securing me a working mobo and CPU that I can build my system with in the deal of the century. Let's just say I will owe him big time :worship:

I will be testing out the other CPU's I have when I get the newer mobo to see if they do indeed still work. I'll just be glad though that I can finally get myself a decent and working PC at last :)

in a strange turn of events, i looked to see if i could find you a gfx card, and i found 2 in my wardrobe, an ati x600 and an ati x700, both PCIe, both were working when i stored them, and now both are faulty :confused:

oh well, more bin fodder.

in a strange turn of events, i looked to see if i could find you a gfx card, and i found 2 in my wardrobe, an ati x600 and an ati x700, both PCIe, both were working when i stored them, and now both are faulty :confused:

oh well, more bin fodder.

Maybe that's what happend with my original ASUS mobo (was supposed to be brand new) and the two CPUs. They were all stored out of harms way in anti-static bags/ containers, but didn't work when put back into use? I've also had hard drives work fine when taken out of a machine, then when put back in again a year or two later they didn't work at all? :confused:

Thanks for looking though Jug, I do appreciate that :)

Back