Can't install ePER on new PC [SOLVED]

Currently reading:
Can't install ePER on new PC [SOLVED]

Anyone have any ideas on this?

I'm trying to install ePER (The Fiat electronic parts catalogue) on a new Windows 10 desktop PC. Whichever way I try, I always get a "Feature transfer error". Screenshots of the installation process below.

It installed and run perfectly on my old Windows 7 desktop PC.... Tried installing it in compatibility mode for all operating systems from 95 to 8, but always get the same error.

I'm the sole user, so administrator by default, but have also tried running the setup.exe file with the "Run as administrator" option.

Attachments

• ePER Install 1.JPG
    ePER Install 1.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 251
  • ePER Install 2.JPG
    ePER Install 2.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 83
  • ePER Install 3.JPG
    ePER Install 3.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 85
  • ePER Install 4.JPG
    ePER Install 4.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 91
Is the last available version, (54 I think) or an earlier version?
I think I found that at some time, older versions will not run on Win10.

If you need the latest, PM me, I'll copy the disc and post it.

Thanks for the offer.

Version I'm trying to install is the latest v84 (May 2014). It's the last one before Fiat changed to KeyePER that required payment of a monthly subscription.

Someone's bringing me a Win10 laptop later to try it on. Should determine whether it's a Win10 problem or a 'my new PC problem'.

Are you installing off a disk or USB ? If disc it might be the drive that could be faulty if as you say it installs on another windows 10 pc fine. If you have access to another cd drive try using that. Or might be a possible anti virus issue, try turning it off during install.

I'm using v84 on a windows 10 pc and mine works fine also.

Last edited:
Someone else suggested switching Windows Defender off, so did that last night and it's now installed. :) Explains why it installed on the Win10 laptop I borrowed; that had AVG so Defender was disabled.

Only slight problem I have with it now is that whenever I start ePER, the country and language has reverted back to Italy and Italian. When I had it on my old Win7 PC, it stayed as GB and English after changing them on the drop down menus...... Not the end of the world, just annoying having to change them every time. Strangely, the setup.ini file says "[Languages] Default=0x0009", which is English.

Someone else suggested switching Windows Defender off, so did that last night and it's now installed. :) Explains why it installed on the Win10 laptop I borrowed; that had AVG so Defender was disabled.

Only slight problem I have with it now is that whenever I start ePER, the country and language has reverted back to Italy and Italian. When I had it on my old Win7 PC, it stayed as GB and English after changing them on the drop down menus...... Not the end of the world, just annoying having to change them every time. Strangely, the setup.ini file says "[Languages] Default=0x0009", which is English.

My copy does the same on windows 10, always reverts back to italian when opening it up for the first time.

Back