Stereo upgrade

Currently reading:
Stereo upgrade

trentw

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone on here has come across the same issue I’ve been having upgrading my fiat Punto 2012 stereo, ive recently purchased a Sony stereo (model MEX-N4300BT) from Halfords I had it privately installed, a few days after I had warning lights come up on the dash such as ABS, brake sensor and my fuel tank sensor going off, I thought it was very odd, i removed the stereo and all the warnings went, does anyone have a solution for this ?

Kind regards

A new fiat owner

Hi trentw
I'm new here too, I think we have the same issue, I have just fitted a new 9 inch Android radio and canbus to my 500s, everything works brilliantly, all steering contros, no issue with head unit... However... I now have a dashboard cluster that resembles a Christmas tree, virtually every warning light and warnings when I turn on the car, if I unplug the head unit, the car is fine, put the head unit back in and its Christmas again. Has anyone had this issue? If so, how did you rectify it.
I checked all cables on the install, (I am an electronics engineer) to ensure no back feed of voltage, everything is perfect, but my car is not happy, it drives completely normal, but with beautiful flashing and twinkly lights if I plug in my new Android head unit.
Would I need a proxy alignment for the car to accept the new head unit, I have removed the old b&m unit because it was faulty.
Thank you

Back