New Build

Currently reading:
New Build

So I have been looking at replacing my current PC and am after any input on the parts listed, I know there is an issue with voltage but not sure how much this will really affect things, the only thing that is missing from this list is the case which will be the Cooler Master Haf -x

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/hyFbf7

Appreciate any input or other reccomendations

Budget is pretty much around the £1200 mark and this will be lasting me for a few years

so go for an i7
ddr4, get a smaller amount ram will be cheaper later

also you forgot case, i'v ordered a case too small before

on the 2011 V 1150

i'm waiting for usb 3.1. only because im making my own case

I priced up an upgrade for me the other day cost 605

keeping alot of original components, and replacing them as pc will be used for simpler functions in its new life

Crucial 8GB Memory Module PC4-17000 2133MHz DDR4 Unbuffered Non-ECC CL15 288-pin DIMM (Dual Ranked) 1 £67.6100
MSI X99S SLI PLUS Motherboard Core i7 Socket LGA2011-3 Intel X99 Express ATX Gigabit LAN 1 £173.3500
Intel Core i7 5820K Socket 2011-V3 Processor 1 £331.0900
Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB

I thought about I7 but read somewhere that the I5 is not much different for gaming purposes. Again with the Ram, top end DDR3 is still better than DDR4 at the moment (apparently). The case that would be used is a Cooler Master Haf -x so this should be more than plenty big enough.

I will be getting this built by a company rather than doing it myself as I will screw it up lol and with the parts I have looked at it is not much to have it built anyway

you get a warrentee as well.
I went for ddr2 over ddr 3 on my current pc, for cost, still regretting it.
but no point in ddr4 yet if ddr3 is better.

just looked at price i7 is another £100
quiet a bit more

just looking on a i7 chip, it dont support ddr4

DDR 2 (n) but if working on a budget something needs to suffer. £100 for the I7 is a bit OTT as not much notice in fps for gaming so at least saving there, would like to get the GTX 980 card but for another £225+ again it does not really seem worth it. Current PC is about 3 years old so I just need now to either sell it as a complete tower or break it all down and sell it in bits. Joys of PC ownership lol

mines 7 years old.
minimum spec for gta, just failed on cpu
can upgrade for 50 quid but, how long till that chips out of date LGA775

Decided im going to wait for skylake to become cheap or what ever is out in 5 years,
and buy a cheap pc.
£450

boss is going to use my old one for cnc plasma cutter

1.2k ain't a budget, guessing you've change your mind on cost

Still hunting around but this should be pretty much the build but always on the look out to tweak things slightly, also need to get a new monitor but will tread lightly as the other half thinks the current one is fine, which it is, but a new one would not go amiss lol.

Am looking at things differently now, I was going to sell my original PC but now I think I will use some bits like the case, cooler, PSU and HDDs and just upgrade motherboard, processor and graphics. Still a few things to decide and still might change but will be getting a bigger SSD at the end of all of this as mine is only a 120GB at the mo.

Back